autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-applying Sealant after every wash?

Hi,
    My car has a single stage red paint on it that I have been protecting with klasse sg after a major detail in June. I know there is not much paint left to work with so Im trying my best to keep it from fading to pink. Is it ok to apply more layers of sealant after I wash it? It currently has 4 layers on it from June ( I made sure to really layer it since theres not much left to work with). Im just checking to make sure Im not doing anything wrong by applying it after a wash? I assumed there wasnt anything wrong with it, as Id be working with a clean surface. Thanks for any info.
    Also any other tips on keeping a daily driven single stage red from fading is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Njohc; 08-09-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re-applying Sealant after every wash?

If you live where you can wash all year round, then I think you could go almost indefinitely by applying some sort of spray wax after each wash, Optimum Car Wax, DG AquaWax, Z-8, or one of the many other spray sealants. Some people have diluted down the SG with distilled water and used it as a spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I think its over kill. A spray wax in between major details is all that is needed to maintain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    If you live where you can wash all year round, then I think you could go almost indefinitely by applying some sort of spray wax after each wash, Optimum Car Wax, DG AquaWax, Z-8, or one of the many other spray sealants. Some people have diluted down the SG with distilled water and used it as a spray wax.
    Im from NJ too actaully. If this winter is anything like the past couple years Im really going to get to layering it on when fall rolls around. I dont know how well it holds up to salt, but it's worth a shot. I never knew there were spray sealants. Ill give them a look. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff120 View Post
    I think its over kill. A spray wax in between major details is all that is needed to maintain.
    Is it actually possible to put too much on? I dont mind doing a layer after every wash if it helps prolong the time before I need a paint job.

Post Thanks / Like

Our cars have the Klasse twins topped with WG sealant. I'm topping after almost each wash with WG Spritz Sealant (using it like a QD). I agree with Jeff that it is overkill. Sure feeds my OCD and makes it seem more protected. In reality every thing over a couple of coats to get good coverage is probably wasting product. BUT, how else can we have fun, and spend AG $$$.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to get Slickooz promoted to manager at the Lexus dealer where he works so he can get us into their washbay on the weekends during the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Im going to check out the spray sealants now. Any one in particular that people seem to like the best? The way Im looking at it, is that Id much rather go through a 20$ bottle of klasse then have to spend thousands on new paint. Thanks for all the quick replies!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Njohc View Post
    Im going to check out the spray sealants now. Any one in particular that people seem to like the best? The way Im looking at it, is that Id much rather go through a 20$ bottle of klasse then have to spend thousands on new paint. Thanks for all the quick replies!
    I am a huge fan of wolfgangs deep gloss paint sealant spray.

It looks the best of all of the spray sealants, imo, doesn't streak, and has decent durability.
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, after I use that is it still ok to go back to the SG before the winter for some heavy duty protection? Will it still allow the klasse to cure properly?

Post Thanks / Like

have you looked into opti coat or any other coatings. sounds like you would benifit from one of these
    Wny Personal Profressional Detailer

http://v3autodetailing.com/v3autodet...m/Welcome.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast