autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drying Towels

Post Thanks / Like

Drying Towels

Hey yall

I have been using the absorber to dry my cars for my mobile detailing business. I am really wanted to change this bad habit and use microfiber towels. I wanted to ask a few questions about 'em before once again, making a purchase through AG

1. Which one should I buy... I was looking at the Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel GOLD and the Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel GREEN. What is the difference and which one should I buy?
    2. What size (sizes) should I buy?
    3. How many times do you have to ring it when detailing a large truck/SUV?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying Towels

whats wrong with the absorber? ive been using it for years. it takes off water with one swipe most of the time and if theres any streaks it dries in a few seconds from the sun

Post Thanks / Like

the absorber glides like a surf board on sand and leaves streaks(yes it does go away with sun) but its easy to wring and is always ready to used when kept in its bottle.

I have both guzzlers(gold and green), both are good but hope you have a wringler cause both are very hard ton wring. if you chose green get the biggest, for the gold ones, get 2.

gold absorb more for their size but are stiffer and smaller, i like the big size of the green ones, they cover a lot a my car.

only problem with them is, you cant do 2 cars with 1 guzzler. when i try the 2nd car is streaky cause i cant wring em enough to dry.

the next drying method ill try is the leaf blower

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a leaf blower just for the car and tried to use it this morning. There must be a curve to it because I just ended up with dried water on the hood. Had to go back and redo part of the car.

I have a large WW and it works good. Its a little big for folding and manuevering but I get by.

Post Thanks / Like

absorber here

Post Thanks / Like

So everyone is usin the absorber? I'm surprised. I honestly thought it would scratch etc. Guess I will stick with it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plan b Detail View Post
    So everyone is usin the absorber? I'm surprised. I honestly thought it would scratch etc. Guess I will stick with it
    Ha ha, you will get a lot of different opinions. How many cars a day are you doing in your mobile business? Some people like to use compressed air or blowers, but if there isn't a good coat of LSP on the car, that's really only useful for crevices, etc.

One thing you might want to consider is a rinseless wash, which has a different kind of drying regimen. But back to my original question, are you mostly doing wash/wax or correction?

Post Thanks / Like

These are my favorite drying towels - even better than the Guzzler:

Sonus Der Wunder Microfiber Drying Towels, waffle weave drying towels, car drying towel
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I'm mostly doing washing or washing/waxing. Pretty much all the cars I do dont have a good LSP on it cause I tried a leaf blower on it and did not work out at all. I do probably 1 to 2 cars a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I prefer a WW to towels like The Absorber. The Cobras are expensive buy if you wait long enough they will be on BOGO. WW's are tough to find cheap but there are other places. If you are only doing 1 or 2 cars a day you shouldn't need that many towels, and they may dry between cars if you have somewhere to hang them.

Of course I would generally recommend washing them after each use, but that may not be practical in your situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast