autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

On To The Next Level...

After today's wash, I feel like Mario when he cleared a level:

I finally got a chance to wash my car today, and use the new products from this past week's order. Here are some very brief reviews:

First and foremost....Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild. O.....M.....G!!! I absolutely love this product. The dilution ratio is bonkers. The wash gets full of suds and provides an awesome amount of lubrication. With my previous soaps/shampoos, I felt that half way through the wash I would have to add more to regenerate suds. Not with this product. It lasted the entire wash with only using alittle less than an ounce. My car was extremely filthy, as I hadn't washed it in two weeks. It got my car nice and clean. I am an instant fan of this product, and as we say in the music production world, this is an instant classic!

With the Dodo Juice BTBM, I used my new Dodo Juice Wookies Fist wash mitt. Corey (Cee Dog) recommended the Carpro Wool Wash Mitt, and as I almost went ahead and got that one, I realized that I wanted a wash mitt that I could use both sides of the mitt, to allow for a longer life. BTW Corey has an excellent review of that mitt. The one thing that made the decision hard for me was that you can easily insert and remove your hand with the Carpro. Back to the Wookie's mitt...this mitt is extremely plush. Probably three times as plush as my sheepskin wash mitt. This thing holds a ton of soap/water mixture in the mitt. Some may like this and some may not. I like this because it allows me to work a section longer without feeling like I have to rinse out and "grab" more soap. It literally glided across the surface. For those of you reading this and plan on getting it, please do a thorough inspection of mitt as there are little pieces of grains stuck in the wool. I went to Petsmart and got a metal dog brush to maintain the wool. This has definitely replaced my sheepskin wash mitt. Another classic!

Here's where I truely felt I've moved on to another level...I purchased this blower from Lowes yesterday:

Shop Troy-Bilt 7.5-Amp Electric Blower at Lowes.com=

Although it did a fairly decent job, I wasn't 100% happy with it. I felt like I had to really get close to the surface to "move" the water. I will be taking it back and getting the one BobbyG has, which is about $59. I couldn't find the link on Lowes' website. I don't think i'll ever go back to drying the paint with a MF towel. I did have to go over the windows with a towel though.

For my tires I used Optimum Power Clean....another amazing product! Thanks to all that recommended this APC. I wanted something that would remove old tire dressing, along with getting the tires really clean. I married the product with Mother's Tire and Wheel combo kit brushes. These brushes really worked the product into both the wheel and the tire. The wheel brush is nice and soft yet strong enough to remove brake dust. I am not sure how it would work on "caked" on brake dust, but it worked well on mine. The tire brush is nice and stiff and really workd the OPC in. I was amazed at all the crap that was coming off. I had to dump my rinse bucket after two wheels and fill with fresh water. AMAZING!!! I need to get this by the gallon and follow the instructions to dilute so that it will last longer. I used it all full strength. I also used one of the Cobra Microfiber wash mitts from last weeks BOGO. I needed something to replace my old tire MF wash mitt.

Here's something that I am glad I purchased....Scraperite Plastic Razor Blades. You know how your car first comes wrapped in plastic from the manufacturer? Well the dealer didn't remove some that was under my right side mirror. I couldn't get it off with my finger and it was hard to reach under there. I tried using a clay bar...that didn't work. So when I came across this I thought this would do the trick. Yup...it sure did! I used some Mothers QD and gently removed the leftover plastic. I was thrilled!!! It didn't harm the paint at all, but then again I generously sprayed the area with the QD.

So those were some of my new products that came with last weeks order. I am extremely happy with the products and I already have my shopping cart full for the next order.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: On To The Next Level...

I just realized this was my first product review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    I just realized this was my first product review.
    Thank You for expressing your opinion on these excellent products.
    Optimum Power Clean is a bar raising product for all other APC's IMO/IME.I have gallon(s) on hand at ALL times
    Dodo do manufacture some very good car shampoo's as well!
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IID View Post
    Thank You for expressing your opinion on these excellent products.
    Optimum Power Clean is a bar raising product for all other APC's IMO/IME.I have gallon(s) on hand at ALL times
    Dodo do manufacture some very good car shampoo's as well!
    I definitely have to get that stuff by the gallon....too bad the shampoo doesn't come in a gallon...or does it LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review of the product(s).
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdb917 View Post
    Nice review of the product(s).
    Thanks Mike!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How much Btbm soap did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    How much Btbm soap did you use?
    Alittle over a half an ounce. In my last order, I got some measuring cups, which I am glad I did. In the past I was using WAY too much soap. Now I can properly mix.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"