autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Poli-Seal and Pad combo

Can anyone recommend a pad combo for Opti-Seal? I will be using a PC7424XP and want to provide one-steppers that produce a great reponse to the products. I've used LC CCS pads with a 3 stage polish and liked that result. Has anyone used the CCS pads with Opti-Seal?

I also planned on topping with Collinite 915. Anyone done that combo before?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Poli-Seal and Pad combo

I use the hydro tech tangerine pad most of the time. I have used white CCS as well with good results. Depends on the paint of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff120 View Post
    I use the hydro tech tangerine pad most of the time. I have used white CCS as well with good results. Depends on the paint of course.

I'm will have to check out the hydro pad. What color pad, white?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    I'm will have to check out the hydro pad. What color pad, white?
    In the hydro tech it would be a tangerine color pad, the cyan are a heavier cut. There are only 3 colors to choose from in the hydro tech pads. For the PC/XP I prefer the 5.5" thin hydro tech's Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads , hydrotech foam pads for water-based polishes, lake country foam pads, buffing pads
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

I use Poli with a white CCS pad & Cyan Hydro pad with good results. The slickness is great and so far I have gotten 2 months of protection. The vehicles that I have used it on look great. The only downsides to Poli Seal is IMO it doesn't have much cut. Chris said you can add Opt Polish with it (70% Poli 30% polish) and mix it up together and get better cut. I think this would work really well. I tried it before with a different product (TSR) and had good results. The other issue I had with it is it needs to be applied very thin. Thin is in as they say. I found it very hard to remove completely if it was over applied. I primarily use the FLEX 3401 with the Poli. I really like this product and feel the protection and cleaning ability are good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response guys. I am going to try out some white ccs pads and see how it comes out. I have to test the product out before I use it on my first customer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff120 View Post

Check out my thread on Poli Seal: Optimum Poli-Seal
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    I use Poli with a white CCS pad & Cyan Hydro pad with good results. The slickness is great and so far I have gotten 2 months of protection. The vehicles that I have used it on look great. The only downsides to Poli Seal is IMO it doesn't have much cut. Chris said you can add Opt Polish with it (70% Poli 30% polish) and mix it up together and get better cut. I think this would work really well. I tried it before with a different product (TSR) and had good results. The other issue I had with it is it needs to be applied very thin. Thin is in as they say. I found it very hard to remove completely if it was over applied. I primarily use the FLEX 3401 with the Poli. I really like this product and feel the protection and cleaning ability are good.
    Thanks for the reply. So how much, or should I say how little of the product should I use? 4 pea size, one in each "corner" of the pad? How many section passes does it take?