autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a new power washer.

My Karcher power washer was acting weird and now its broken. I need to get a new power washer asap. I would like to stay with Karcher because I got a foam cannon that connects to it. But most reviews on amazon says it's a waste of money/time.

I found a Karcher on Amazon for 260, and was wonder if it was worth it. This one has good review but 260 is very close to a gas powered one.
    http://www.amazon.com/Karcher-5-540-...1905575&sr=8-1

Any help is much appreciated. Trying to get one before August 7th because I got an Accord to do.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a new power washer.

I read a couple times that electric washers break way faster than gas. I have had a gas one for years(troybuilt 2600 w/honda engine).

Post Thanks / Like

ya you are real close for a gas powered- i would get gas for that amount of money

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, how is your pressure washer doing? How many times have you used it?
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Electric vs Gas
    Whats their pro and con of each?

I had 3 of the cheaper Karcher electric power washer and they all broke, within one year.... Good thing I bought them at clearance for 40 each, or I would gone crazy.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up this one, but got it from Sam's for $50. It has been about 6 months and I have used it almost every weekend with no problems. I did have to get a wand attachment ($20) for a quick disconnect hook up to attach the foamer and bought a new adjustable spray head ($20), but over all well worth the $90 dollars spent.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the same one at Sam's club, but never thought about getting one because mine worked. I'm just trying to figure out if I should spend a little more to get a better quality one.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

The new X series models are great. I have the 1800 Psi K3.740 model and it has been an upgrade from my older Karcher model. My older Karcher’s were the ones that Wal-Mart sold for like 80 bucks (Those ones were cheap and always started to leak within months. Mark showed me a link to this and that’s when I heard of the new and improved models.

Karcher K3.740 - X Series 1800 PSI (Electric-Cold Water) Pressure Washer

Unfortunately I have not had the time to do a full review since I have been working too much. I will tell you that these are an improvement to the older models. I am not sure what model you had before but these new models are supposed to have better pumps and since they are supplied with induction motors they are really quiet. The cheaper Karcher models are LOUD because they are equipped with a universal motor. The old models IMO were louder than some gas models, especially the gas washers with Honda motors.

I have logged about 60 washes since I have received my new X series (about a month ago) and so far it is doing great! I have always been partial to Karcher so maybe I can be a little biased lol. I will list some quick pros and cons that come up in my head.

Pros-
    -New and improved pump
    -Water cooled motor!
    -Vibration dampening system
    -25 feet of pressure washer hose. Cheaper models come with I believe a 15 foot chord.
    -Solid build quality
    -Hose attachments are now quick connects
    -AND IT IS NOT MADE IN CHINA

Cons-
    -Since it is not made in China the parts are more expensive. I spent $50 bucks for another 25 foot extension hose.
    -Plastic fittings on inlet of hose. (Replace this with brass quick connects to add more sturdiness/they supply the machine with plastic quick connects) It is still pretty solid unless you really yank the thing around
    - The hose quick connects are good, but that means that you can’t buy cheaper regular treaded pressure washer hose. And this also means that you cannot attach the unit to a reel unless you get the 2000 psi model.
    -The main hose connection inlet (where the garden hose connects) is on the front. I had to get used to this as they are usually placed on the back. This makes it somewhat awkward if you are doing a mobile detail set up IMO.

All in all I would definitely recommend this machine. They are no Cam Spray machines by any chance ($700+ for electric) but they seem to have improved the weak points in the machine. Let me know if you have any more questions. I need to do a more thorough review with pictures once I get some time off. Back to my second job!
    Roland

Post Thanks / Like

you want to be able to rebild the pump with new seals as needed. honda with a cat pump is what I have 11hp 4000gpm high and down to 1500 low

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Roland! Great review and will definitely help others in deciding in purchasing a power washer. I was a little nervous thinking about buying the 260 dollar electric power washer from Karcher because of past experience. But it seems like its worth its price and you really like yours.
    Gary

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast