autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's talk about Expensive wax here (+300$)

Since yesterday I've been reading about those expensive wax and I can't come to any questions if it's worth it or not. Here's a recap of what I learned in the past 24 hours.

Let start by saying that my most expensive wax I have is Wolfgang Fuzion and Pinnacle Souveran.

So we got Swissvax:

-I have a hard time trusting this company for the reason that they have a wax for every car manufacters in the world. I mean.. REALLY ?? lol Are they all THAT different? if they were, why in the world, would I always hit menzerna polish or meguiars for 100% of the car I polished, from ferrari to ford to toyota hen!? To me, it's BS

-What seems to be popular is that anything below Concorso is not worth it or it's the same as any other 50$ waxes out there. However, Concorso is a really nice wax and most agree that it's sheeting property is phenomenal.

- I have to agree, anything under 300$ are all 30 or 40% carnauba by volume, not something really impressing.

- That Crystal Rock is impression because it can last up to 12 month but it's 1300$... collonite last 12 months too right?.. ah yeh, it's 20$ too lol..

- They ask to you to always use Swissvax paint cleaner.. can I use my own paint cleaner?

To conclude: I feel like concorso could be worth as well as the opaque wax. Maybe Crystal Rock is very nice but really.. I rather have a good collection of waxes or even 5 concorso jar instead of only one no?

Zymol:

- Again.. another BS about having a wax for like 10 car brands in the world.. However, they are all the same color and they all have 37% by volume *cought * cought* lol

- Ebony/Rouge wax is interesting, look like Souveran but actually cheaper.

- Titanium is also very itneresting. a long lasting wax with 51% by volume for *only 71$*.

- Concours wax for 175$ 47% by volume. is it the same as the swissvax ?

oh and I won't talk about the 8 and 30k wax

To conclude:

I feel like zymol is better priced and more down to earth than swissvax is but I never tried them.

Anyone have opinions on this?

who know the % by volume of Wolfgang, pinnacle waxes? Would be fun to compare.
    Last edited by cobraa; 07-23-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010
    Facebook ; WaxxonSpa |||| website ; www.waxxon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's talk about Expensive wax here (+300$)

There's also Chemical guys 175 and 275 waxes but I've read bad stuff about these and sweating problem so IMO these waxes are not worth the price. I still like my pete's 53 tho .
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010
    Facebook ; WaxxonSpa |||| website ; www.waxxon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Let's talk about Expensive wax here (+300$)

I think sometimes that saying"If its to good to be true,it is "applies to some of these miracles.Like you,I have some Fuzion,Souveran and a couple collinites,so I'm cool with experimenting with other waxes,theres only one other wax I would want to try,which is Blackfire Wet Diamond,but with the results I'm getting from the above mention waxes theres no need to waste money for products to sit around.But thats just me.lol

Post Thanks / Like

You got to admit. Free refills is sweet! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I seen some zymol on amazon for 8 or 9 thousand. But it came with lifetime refills. It should come with someone that puts it on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of those topics where there is no clear definitive answer, why? Because beauty and personal satisfaction is in the eye of the beholder.

When you think about it "car wax" is very limited on the number of and the amount of ingredients within its own formulation.

Marketing plays a HUGE role in this and some feel the more it costs the better the product. Some also fall prey to peer pressure; Hey, what wax are you using on your Lambo, Collinite 845 at $15.00 a pop? Probably not but I think you see what I'm driving at. This and the most likely fact if you are fortunate enough to own a Lambo you probably aren't interested in what your detailer uses as long as it satisfies you.

Product sales are key to surviving if you're in business and a little advertising and WOW factor combined with some embellishment can go a long, long way generating 10's of thousands of dollars in sales.

The most expensive wax I own to date is Wolfgang Fuzion. It's a very nice wax but is it really worth $175.00......my answer would be no, but that's "my personal opinion". I bought this because I wanted to see what it was like. I also bought Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax and bought it for the very same reason.

I have more products than I could possibly use in 3 lifetimes but this is sort of a hobby with me and I enjoy trying different combinations and of course new products. If I don't particularly care for something for the most part I recycle it or just give it away.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Let's talk about Expensive wax here (+300$)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    This is one of those topics where there is no clear definitive answer, why? Because beauty and personal satisfaction is in the eye of the beholder.

When you think about it "car wax" is very limited on the number of and the amount of ingredients within its own formulation.

Marketing plays a HUGE role in this and some feel the more it costs the better the product. Some also fall prey to peer pressure; Hey, what wax are you using on your Lambo, Collinite 845 at $15.00 a pop? Probably not but I think you see what I'm driving at. This and the most likely fact if you are fortunate enough to own a Lambo you probably aren't interested in what your detailer uses as long as it satisfies you.

Product sales are key to surviving if you're in business and a little advertising and WOW factor combined with some embellishment can go a long, long way generating 10's of thousands of dollars in sales.

The most expensive wax I own to date is Wolfgang Fuzion. It's a very nice wax but is it really worth $175.00......my answer would be no, but that's "my personal opinion". I bought this because I wanted to see what it was like. I also bought Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax and bought it for the very same reason.

I have more products than I could possibly use in 3 lifetimes but this is sort of a hobby with me and I enjoy trying different combinations and of course new products. If I don't particularly care for something for the most part I recycle it or just give it away.
    X-10

I have found I am limited on time so that means faster is the answer for me. UPGP Is the best answer I have found hands down. Unreal shine, protection, and super easy to use. It also goes a long long way, but for the best wax protection and great shine I love 845.

Seems funny how we all have a large collection before we know it...

The choices are unlimited find one you like and get er done!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I recently purchased some Zymol Japon Wax for Japenese cars (albeit my RX350 was made in Canada). It was below their $49 retail price so I thought I would give it a try.
    Unfortunately, I'm running out of panels on my car to test all of the waxes I keep buying on BOGO or VIP specials.

Post Thanks / Like

For wax I prefer Dodo Juice Supernatural. I prefer paint coatings, save the wax for show cars that are not also daily drivers.

Post Thanks / Like

There are waxes available at many different price points, and often its hard to notice the subtle differences in them. At the end it comes down to personal taste, choice, and the pricing you find acceptable.

I can only note I only several expensive waxes, and often find myself back at Fuzion because its so darn easy to apply and remove and looks so darn good. To each their own ...

Scott

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast