autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

MF Finishing Wax And Finishing Disc?

I have a lot of experience with the compound, but not the finishing wax. Do you only need to do one section pass on the area you're working on?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF Finishing Wax And Finishing Disc?

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I have a lot of experience with the compound, but not the finishing wax. Do you only need to do one section pass on the area you're working on?
    Been doing lots of reading on the MF system.
    From the product instructions for the finishing wax
    "Set Dual Action Polisher to 3800 opm's. Work surface, applying 2-3 light pressure passes"
    Hope that helps!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    Been doing lots of reading on the MF system.
    From the product instructions for the finishing wax
    "Set Dual Action Polisher to 3800 opm's. Work surface, applying 2-3 light pressure passes"
    Hope that helps!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Mark..just prime you pad..a little goes a long way..and you can move the machine a lot faster than with the compound since the finishing wax has oils in it but it does have a mild "finishing" cut to it as well...so just keep pad flat and CLEAN! Does a great job. Clean for two reasons:
    obviously to not put any scratches back in the paint
    to keep the fibers "seperated/fluffed" in order to produce an "even" cut

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

depends on the paint I guess...I followed the exact method Jason Rose showed in the video..2 passes at a decent speed. Well i did that and it didnt finish down nice at all on my black paint. Someone else had the same issue and found having a slow arm speed fixed the finishing down issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever viewing ANY video, keep in mind that your results may be entirely different because every car is different. That's why I never really get my credit card out every time I see a video and say...wow...I want/need that.

Lessons learned. I have boxes of products hardly touched...after trying them once and being disappointed. The products I use work great on MY car...and that's all that matters to me. Even the most popular of products sold on this web site have disappointed me time after time...I have realized that once I get honed in on a system that works for me, I stick with it, come hell or high water. I saved a ton of money after I realized the reality of this business...its about MARKETING...pure and simple.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, I used it for the first time last weekend on speed 3 GGDA, 3 passes with just a little more pressure than the weight of the machine. Did not mar the finish or reduce the shine. The finish was slick but could have been better. Next time I'm going to try a final wipe with UQW. Subaru paint responds so well to this kit by the way!

Sent using Tapatalk
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark,

I actually stopped by Meguiar's last week and watched both Michael Stoops and Jason Rose apply D301 to a panel...a couple quick passes with little to no prerssure was all it took. I personally haven't used the D301 much at all, but I was definitely working it slower/longer than I should have been.

BTW, I also want a new air DA after applying D301 with the one the had at the shop, definitely the way to go for the finishing wax!
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I use D301 exclusively. i learned after a while that depending on the size of the panel, if the pad is kept clean you can work in larger work areas to save time. just keep the arm speed slow and steady