autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Heads up on products missing safety seals

Just recieved my AG order today and was going through everything and I noticed the safety seal on it was damaged. I had some 8oz bottles on hand as I planned on transferring some of it over anyways.

Short story, I only got about 2 3/4 out of it. Not sure what the issue is, there was no leakage anywhere in the box, I checked everything inside and out of the box. The only thing I can think of is maybe due to evaporation since the safety seal wasn't there?

I have already called AG and talked to them, they are taking care of me, I could not ask for more from them.

Just more of a heads up on items that may be missing safety seals and the heat we have been having lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heads up on products missing safety seals

I had the same problem with the Poli-Seal. There was only 800 mL in it instead of 946 mL.
    The seal was broken, no leakage and the red cap was also missing.

So it's not just you
    Vlad
    Detailing Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar issue just a week ago with poli-seal and polish II. The seals were still in place, though not fully sealed. And the necks of the caps looked like they were crushed/cracked. I don't think I had any product missing thankfully. AG took care of me very quickly.
    Brian D.
    2016 Corvette C7 stingray
    2018 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum products are measured by weight and not fluid ounces, so measuring by volume is not accurate. I will try to determine what's up with the seals, though.

For example: our New Formula Compound II gallon has 128 oz (by weight) for $129, while Meguiar's M105 is 128 fluid oz for $79.99, but it would take 3 gallons of the M105 to correct the same number of vehicles as a single gallon of Compound II. There is much more to figuring cost per car than using cost per ounce.

Post Thanks / Like

Fluid OUNCES is by weight.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

FLUID OUNCES is a unit of VOLUME. Ounces are a unit of MASS.
    Regardless I still LOVE OPT products!

Post Thanks / Like
    You may have missed my point. 32 oz by weight is what we sell. By measuring the product using fluid oz bottles instead of weighing it, you're coming up short. Different fluids have different weights depending on contents... Especially products that have abrasives. For example, in the same retail bottle filled to the same level, we sell Power Clean and Hyper Compound Spray. The Power Clean weighs 17oz and the Hyper Compound Spray weighs 18oz. The additional weight is attributed to the solid abrasives (although tiny).

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk
    Last edited by Chris Thomas; 07-20-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

if i buy 32oz of product i want my bottle to be full not 28oz of product that weighs 32oz

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fredcandetail View Post
    if i buy 32oz of product i want my bottle to be full not 28oz of product that weighs 32oz
    Your statement seems to imply wrong doing. If you buy 32oz of product and you get 32 oz of product then there is no gripe.

It's just the polishes that are by weight. The liquids are in fluid oz. And for the record, his bottle may have been damaged or lost product somehow. But...just because it won't fill three 8 fl oz bottles doesn't mean that the original container didn't have 32oz. I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. There are units of fluid oz that add up to pints, quarts, and gallons and there are oz of dry measure that add up from grams, pounds, etc. Its pretty elementary stuff until you try to do conversions.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Chris is correct. If you look at Megiar's bottles it says fluid OZ if you look at OPT product it says net WT. Weight is one thing and a fluid oz is another. One is weight and one is volume.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast