autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Addicted...

Post Thanks / Like

Addicted...

I feel I would have so much free time (and money) if I didnt know about this site....! But not as much fun

With all this browsing and reading I keep having to try so many different products! I still have not purchased a da polisher... I know I will never get a total correction without one but I keep reading and finding products to try make it the best I can. (I should have just bought a polisher and been done with it and I would have spent the same amount.... but wheres the fun in that!)

Anyways... I am ordering poli-seal now because of what I read it did in the test by hand on the mazda6. I have the polishin pal on order also.

My question is could I also use PB Blackhole? The swirls not removed should be hidden pretty well between using PBBH, Poli Seal and Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion. When would I apply BH if anyone feels it would not be a wasted step?

Here is my process:
    Wash
    Clay
    Blackhole or Poli- Seal
    Poli- Seal or Blackhole
    PCL
    Meg Sealant
    Dodo Double Wax
    Fusion

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Jetta View Post
    I feel I would have so much free time (and money) if I didnt know about this site....! But not as much fun

With all this browsing and reading I keep having to try so many different products! I still have not purchased a da polisher... I know I will never get a total correction without one but I keep reading and finding products to try make it the best I can. (I should have just bought a polisher and been done with it and I would have spent the same amount.... but wheres the fun in that!)

Anyways... I am ordering poli-seal now because of what I read it did in the test by hand on the mazda6. I have the polishin pal on order also.

My question is could I also use PB Blackhole? The swirls not removed should be hidden pretty well between using PBBH, Poli Seal and Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion. When would I apply BH if anyone feels it would not be a wasted step?

Here is my process:
    Wash
    Clay
    Blackhole or Poli- Seal
    Poli- Seal or Blackhole
    PCL
    Meg Sealant
    Dodo Double Wax
    Fusion

Thanks!
    Wash
    Clay
    Polyseal
    Dodo double wax
    And your done till you get a da
    If you apply bh then use poly seal or cleansing lotion it will remove the bh
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip! I know the poli-seal has a sealant built in, but heard it isn't as great as a stand alone sealant. Can anyone confirm this? The reason I was going to top it with megs is because I will be going to school and it wont have the protection/ care it gets over the summer. How long is dodo double good for? Haven't come across those numbers...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Addicted...

Take my word for it: using a DA polisher will take you to a new world. Before using one I felt I had pretty good results from detailing, but afterward I never regretted making the purchase and wished I had done it earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSMet View Post
    Take my word for it: using a DA polisher will take you to a new world. Before using one I felt I had pretty good results from detailing, but afterward I never regretted making the purchase and wished I had done it earlier.

The switch from the traditional hand method to a dual action polisher is like being blind and having your sight restored.....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen exactly what a DA is capable of and I know what I'm missing. I just don't have the ideal conditions/ set up for a polisher right now. Garage is small, dark and has two lights and one outlet :-/ I'll see how neglected my car looks after this school year and maybe I'll have to buy one next summer along with some poorboys and a good extension cord and use it outside!

Post Thanks / Like

You will love the results from PBBH if you have dark color paint. i swear by as my go to glaze for black cars that need a show car wet shine. just make sure you glaze, seal then wax in that order. put on a nice coat off dodo double and you should be good until the winter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VIP Reflections View Post
    You will love the results from PBBH if you have dark color paint. i swear by as my go to glaze for black cars that need a show car wet shine. just make sure you glaze, seal then wax in that order. put on a nice coat off dodo double and you should be good until the winter
    This is just what I've heard . . . glaze is more of a natural type wax, with that being so the synthetic won't bond to it very well and you'll lose protection much faster. So glazes should be used with actual waxes. Again this is just what I've read when I had some questions about glazes so don't quote me on it

And I'm also in school and don't have a garage to work out of, but in the summer just set up a tent or something. Sometimes I even use it in full sun depending on what I'm doing with it. I love my PC
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

well dont get it confused. A glaze might not offer protection at all. I know things are changing and i see more AIO glaze with nuba wax and things like that. but traditional glaze, like my favorite made by 3M, is a oil based gloss enhancer thats non abrasive. A glaze is not a polish or wax,but is a shine-enhancer with fillers in it to hide imperfections on dark paint. Sealant and wax go on top, to lock in the wet look from the glaze

Post Thanks / Like

how bad are your swirls though?

A glaze can only do so much and it won't last that long...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...x-day-1-a.html
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast