autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would ***ume so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanOwner
    Its Charcoal Grey, does the color matter?
    I've got a Dark Shadow Grey Mach 1 and have used Wolfgang for over 1 year. It really makes the metallic jump when the sun hits it directly and has a super nice gloss.

Here's a pic

Totoland Mach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kl***e High Gloss vs Wolfgang Deep Gloss-mach1_3qtr_small-jpg  
    Last edited by Totoland Mach; 03-05-2006 at 09:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    To me it's apples & oranges, really. The Klasse twins ( or brother & sister, lol ) are an acrylic based system which provides exceptional durability as compared to WG. The Klasse SG can be a bit tricky to use, so use the less is more approach when applying. To enhance/maintain the Klasse, use the Sonus Acrylic Glanz & Sonus Acrylic Spritz. Klasse produces a nice glossy finish yet lacks warmth & depth. Some choose to top the Klasse twins with a carnauba for enhanced warmth/depth on darker colors. Ofcourse, a good prep is the key factor that really impacts the final result!
    As for WG.....Like some have said, WG produces a warmer, carnauba like appearence. It's super easy to use. For those looking for 3+ month durability from the initial application, WG might disappoint you. However.....Monthly applications of WG ( or even bi-monthly apps. ) maintained with the WG Spray Sealant will keep you & your paint doing the happy dance! I've had terrific results prepping with Optimum Polish, applying a base of Klasse AIO then applying 3 layers of WG on my black truck. I've even used the WG Glaze after the base of AIO. Good stuff.
    It all depends on what your goal is. If you're like me, & can't keep your hands off you vehicle for more than 2 weeks at a time ( 1 or 2 washes per week don't count. lol ) go the WG route. If you need longterm durability then go the Klasse route. In closing, we all must admit that what works for some might not work for others. When it comes to detailing products & our opinions it can get into that "subjective" area. Have fun & enjoy the process!!
    Carnauba Geek!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanOwner
    Its Charcoal Grey, does the color matter?
    Very similiar but a little darker than my magnesium metallic. WG will really make your car look good! As others have said, make sure to prep well so the WG sealant has a nice clean, smooth, glossy base to lay on.

BTW, the WG Pre-wax Enhancer, WG Glaze and WG Swirl Remover are all good products as well. The WG Sealant Spritz is a must also... I did a review on the spritz and gave it high marks. More of a QD than spray sealant, but used frequently will help you maintain that warm WG finish for a long time.

Matt
    brass klasse (testing)

Fixed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    brass klasse (testing)

Fixed

thanks Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfgang is much easier to apply in my opinion, leaves a nice shine!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a long time Klasse user I just couldn't get over how fussy it is. I don't think anyone around here needs 6 months protection anyway. Heck, 6 weeks and I am dying to try a new combo! I have been using the WG twins lately. It's hard to ignore it's extreme ease of use, I haven't tried the new Spritz Sealant yet but I will soon, Just waiting for spring to roll around.

Chris Pace

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfgang my favourite and is so easy to use.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Wolf cause it's so damn easy to use and produces good results. Wolfgang sealant is the easiest detailing product to use bar none. I like SG becasue it has much better durabilty but it is hard to use. I guess it depends on my mood, if I feel like taking all day and avoiding the wife, SG is the ticket. If I want a wam bam thank you mam wax job I go with Wolf, but don't expect any kind of durabilty.
    A day w/o a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast