autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone using the Eurow sheepskin washmitts?

I have been using the Eurow brand genuine shpskin washmitts for a while now, and have always had good luck with them lasting a few solid months. The fact that they have been pretty good quality for the price and not being overly expensive has drawn me towards them. Just recently I have started having trouble with them. The last 3 that I have ordered from another online detailing vendor, that will remain unnamed for now in the this thread, have literall fallen apart after using them on a single wash. The first one split at the seam between the thumb and finger area, the next one a large clump of the wool literally fell out of the mitt, and the last one split at the seam on the finger portion of the mitt. I know that genuine sheepskin mitts aren't exaclty the most durable lasting wash media out there, but they should at least last longer than one wash.

Does anyone else use these mitts, and come across any kind of quality problems with them? Maybe I got a bad batch, or maybe Eurows mitt quality has gone down the crapper recently. I'm am seriously thinking about contacting the vendor and seeing if they are willing to replace these, since this seems to be a manufacturing problem or just really bad quality for only using them once

BTW, I have seen the new sheepskin wash mitts that Autogeek offers, but I am not really a fan of the brick style mitts. I like the hand style mitts, even though I don't put my hand through the mitt. Wish I could find some good ones that don't have a thumb on them

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone using the Eurow sheepskin washmitts?

I use them and they have held up fairly well for natural mitts. Never had any die that quick though.
    Also SM Arnold make thumbless mitts and sold on ADS. I've heard they hold up well but that was a while ago when I looked into them.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Eurow mitts last year. I had ordered 5 of them.

During the 3rd gentle cycle wash they literally disentegrated in the washer.

My normal procedure for every other wool mitt I've ever owned has been gentle cycle using Woolite then turn inside out and hang them up to dry. I never had a problem before. Nor since with non-Eurow mitts.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Detailed Image has thumbless sheepskin mitts.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's anything I am doing for these mitts to fall apart, since I have always thoroughly rinsed them out and hung them cuff end opened to air dry. I think I'll be trying another brand or at least buying a few from somewhere else other than the normal

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Detailed Image has thumbless sheepskin mitts.
    Thanks. Do you happen to know which brand they are?