autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a CQuartz Knock off ?

I was reading up and watching product demonstrations of another Ceramic coating that's out there called Element119/SystemX.

It does sound impressive (Cures 2-3hrs),almost like GTechniq C1.
    To me it looks like a CQuartz knock-off,It spreads simular and has properties like CQuartz.

Thou I have had great luck with the original:

Has anyone used or heard of this SystemX?
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looks like a CQuartz Knock off ?

Looks very interesting...I also like the price, where you get MORE product for your buck...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be many of these "new" ceramic-type products from a varied host of manufacturers/suppliers. IMO...Chemistry, chemicals, and marketing are available around the world to those willing to take the initiative and/or chances.

But, what a great name for this company! The next Element in car-care!

{I wonder what are they going to do about their 'Name' when the Russian chemists, along with some of their peers from around the world, finish synthesizing the actual Element 119, as they so did with the introduction of Element 118 to the Periodic Table?}

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

paid a visit to their site and watched the videos. looks like a interesting product. and application looks to be easy. ok.....who is going to be first?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Should I attempt to “level” System X while it is evaporating?

System X will level itself. No additional leveling is needed during evaporation
    Interesting, seeing how we have had talk of high spots and "fisheyes" with the other paint coating methods.

I might pick this up.

EDIT
    Anyone see their paint sealant?

Infinite Gloss Polymer Paint Sealant
    This super sealant is fortified with advanced American Super Polymers. This formula was developed to capture the deep, wet look of a carnauba car wax but last many times longer. Specifically formulated for ease of application.

Our unique paint sealant creates an extensive crystalline cross-linked polymer network increasing the surface's jetting factor while giving it that just dipped in glass look. The cured product produces a three dimensional protective surface that refracts light like millions of microscopic crystal prisms.

The glossy, glass-like shimmer enhances all paint colors. No other carnauba wax, synthetic wax, or paint sealant gives your vehicle the combination of depth, gloss and protection of Infinite Gloss. By decreasing surface tension to the point where contaminants slide right off with a quick rinse, your vehicle stays clean and looking great longer.

Infinite Gloss provides protection against extreme temperatures, road salt, salty ocean air, ozone, and other harsh conditions. Protecting your car in all seasons.

Element 119 Paint Sealant is formulated with advanced American Super Polymers to seal, protect, and bond to all painted vehicle surfaces, including diamond plate and composites. Providing full protection up to six months Infinite Gloss offers great protection for any painted surface, chrome, or gel coat. Replace your auto wax, aircraft wax, boat wax, and RV waxes forever!

• Lasts many times longer than wax - Less washing and less waxing
    • Easy on - Easy off Formula
    • No Harsh Abrasives
    • No special machines or buffers required.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

I figured there'd be a lot of competition once the market started to open up for these products. This is a great thing as it will ensure the best quality product possible at the lowest possible price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    I figured there'd be a lot of competition once the market started to open up for these products. This is a great thing as it will ensure the best quality product possible at the lowest possible price.
    Exactly!

One thing I've noticed is there seems to be a few different types of these coatings that last 2-3 years and sound similar but the more I learn about Opti-coat the more I think it is more unique than the rest of them. From the cured thickness, to the lifespan, to the manageability (ability to keep it glossy over the years with Poli-seal) and most of all Dr. G's stated reason for it's creation. I'm not saying its the best or is not the best. We've talked about the touchy application and learning curve and not being able to re-coat over a chip without polishing but the more I learn and use the deeper of a product I find it to be.

At this point I honestly believe there are times when Opti-coat is the right answer and other times when CQuartz is the right answer. I haven't used any other paint coatings than those two so admittedly I am ignorant as to the facts on other coatings. Take that into account on the generalized portion of my statement towards coatings I've never used or done much research on.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

American Super Polymers versus German polymers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaz View Post
    American Super Polymers versus German polymers?
    = they've been created in the same batch with a different label on the bottle?
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious where they come up with "super" polymers. There are tons of polymers out there with different properties ranging from simple ethylenes to infinitely diverse amino functional and siloxanes with huge functional groups all over the place. What makes a polymer super? I'm thinking its all marketing hype. Also the term "ceramic" coating is quite confusing. Are we forming a glass on the surface? Is there a complex network of inorganic compounds laying across the surface that is capable of uniformity? What happens when we want to remove the ceramic?
    Jon Miles

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast