autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

cant these dents be pulled out?

So my moms car got backed into by sisters husband. It doesnt look to bad. I cant see and paint damage other than a little bit of scuffing on the silver.

I have no experience with this kind of damage. Can these dents be pulled out? And does anyone know of anyone/place in San Diego, more specifically the Spring Valley area that can fix this?

Im looking for a place that does good work. No hacks.

Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cant these dents be pulled out?

Good PDR guys are magicians. Check around at dealerships as most in this area do work for them. I have a guy who is fantastic, but many are only so-so. Ask around in your area and ask for referrals.

Post Thanks / Like

That dosent look an over all hard job. the correct way of doing is taping it from the back to get as much as the dent out. some guys know how to get worst damages than those nearly perfect without putting any body filler. But body filler is always required to achieve the perfect finish in a dent like that. find a good body shop that will do a good job. ive known of hack body shops that in dents like that all they do is sand it and throw a big batch of body filler on it. you dont want that. good luck!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Good PDR guys are magicians. Check around at dealerships as most in this area do work for them. I have a guy who is fantastic, but many are only so-so. Ask around in your area and ask for referrals.
    i doubt that even a good PDR guy can do magic here, the damage seems to have small dents in it. it looks to me like it needs to visit the body shop.
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post
    i doubt that even a good PDR guy can do magic here, the damage seems to have small dents in it. it looks to me like it needs to visit the body shop.
    You'd be surprised. I had a crease, and I mean a CREASE in my metal that one took out flawlessly. A metal table fell on the top of my fender of my old FX. Go see a PDR guy first before you go sanding off any paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an amazing PDR guy that works at my shop that could probably get that out so it's definitely doable. Only problem I see is it's so close to the edge by the bumper that cracking the clearcoat when removing that dent via PDR could be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    You'd be surprised. I had a crease, and I mean a CREASE in my metal that one took out flawlessly. A metal table fell on the top of my fender of my old FX. Go see a PDR guy first before you go sanding off any paint.
    Richy you might be correct, from my experience i have seen them only pop out small dents, nothing big. but hey, im sure that there are really experienced PDR guys out there.
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

The toughest part is going to be the area where the quarter panel and bumper cover meet. 98% of that can be popped out in 5 minutes, the other 2% is going to require some time

I would call the Mercedes/BMW dealers service dept and ask who they recommend
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    I have an amazing PDR guy that works at my shop that could probably get that out so it's definitely doable. Only problem I see is it's so close to the edge by the bumper that cracking the clearcoat when removing that dent via PDR could be a problem.
    It's not a problem. A fella that I use works with another gent as a team. He does the PDR and his partner uses a heat gun as required to keep the paint/clear from cracking. As Richy pointed out the good ones are true artists.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

So I just need to call up body shops/dealers?

Is there a way to identify who would do a good job? Like looking at their tools or anything. This is a foreign subject for me.
    Jacob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast