autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiny Scratches in LSP?

So I finished doing a full paint correction, sealed with powerlock then topped with P21s on a clients black 2010 Porsche turbo about 5 days ago and the car sat collecting dust since then. I went to touch it up outside by using my California car duster very very lightly then used Meguiars final inspection with a trusty rolled edge mf towel over the entire paint lightly and it looked flawless outside with slight overcast. When I pulled the car back into the garage I noticed very light scratches which I'm guessing could be from the dust dragging over or my mf towel. My question is how should I go about removing them without affecting the sealant/lsp if that's even possible. Are these scratches just in the lsp or the paint itself? I was thinking about going over the entire paint again with some xmt360 but wont that remove my sealant/lsp? Are these tiny, almost impossible to see scratches pretty much inevitable if you wipe down any freshly corrected paint? I thought I did/bought everything right to prevent this but apparently not lol. What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tiny Scratches in LSP?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh@BR View Post
    So I finished doing a full paint correction, sealed with powerlock then topped with P21s on a clients black 2010 Porsche turbo about 5 days ago and the car sat collecting dust since then. I went to touch it up outside by using my California car duster very very lightly then used Meguiars final inspection with a trusty rolled edge mf towel over the entire paint lightly and it looked flawless outside with slight overcast. When I pulled the car back into the garage I noticed very light scratches which I'm guessing could be from the dust dragging over or my mf towel. My question is how should I go about removing them without affecting the sealant/lsp if that's even possible. Are these scratches just in the lsp or the paint itself? I was thinking about going over the entire paint again with some xmt360 but wont that remove my sealant/lsp? Are these tiny, almost impossible to see scratches pretty much inevitable if you wipe down any freshly corrected paint? I thought I did/bought everything right to prevent this but apparently not lol. What would you do?
    It sounds like you have super soft paint. The only thing that will help is a coating like Aquartz, Cquartz, Opti coat, GTechniq C1 and a few others.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it sounds like soft paint. You will probably have to do a 1 step or AIO to get rid of those marks which will remove your LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! That sucks though. I thought almost all of these newer German car manufacturers had really hard paint especially since they use the ceramic clear a lot. Oh well looks like I'll wait till the day before I deliver the car to do the 360 on it then I'm leaving it the hell alone lol

Post Thanks / Like

Might be the Cali Duster. Those hold onto whatever they have picked up including scratch inducing particles. I wont use them.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josh@BR View Post
    I thought almost all of these newer German car manufacturers had really hard paint especially since they use the ceramic clear a lot.

You are correct. The cerami clear coat is bullet proof in most cases. We have 2 silver Benz vehicles and that cerami-clear is tuff stuff. Im not sure if Porsche Incorporates that into their vehicles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    It sounds like you have super soft paint. The only thing that will help is a coating like Aquartz, Cquartz, Opti coat, GTechniq C1 and a few others.
    Aquartz = Cquartz? Both made by CarPro and both has the same description on what it is.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post

Aquartz = Cquartz? Both made by CarPro and both has the same description on what it is.
    Aquartz is the older version of currently available Cquartz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
    Aquartz is the older version of currently available Cquartz
    Both quotes untrue. Aquartz is not Cquartz.

Aquartz has a new version out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 Shelby View Post
    Might be the Cali Duster. Those hold onto whatever they have picked up including scratch inducing particles. I wont use them.
    I was thinking the same thing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast