autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical cleaners in AIO

happy Monday all

so I used KAIO on silver paint over the weekend and my white pad had some blackness to it. Pretty sure I didn't go over any dirt so what could it be? Enquiring minds want to know.

car was washed with GC & dawn, dried, then iron x, clayed, then KAIO with white LC

was there still iron left in the paint or did the cleaners pull out even more stuff that the clay and iron x missed?

Car was stored over the winter and pretty neglected from what I could tell.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical cleaners in AIO

KAIO is a fantastic chemical cleaner so it does not surprise me that it may have removed some remnant dirt from your paint. Another possible root cause for pad discoloration may be the rubber seals (especially the stripping around the windows and moonroof). Those will definitely discolor your pad if you inadvertently run them over.

Post Thanks / Like

totally agree

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

That's perfectly normal, Klasse AIO is an excellent cleaner that's also a joy to use.

About once every six months I spend an entire day on my daily driver. Wash, clay, polish, and wax/sealant. The weekend before last I washed, Iron X Soap Gel, clayed, and then used the Klasse AIO on a Tangerine Polishing Pad and to my surprise, the pad was dirty after doing just a quarter panel and front door. Klasse AIO is just that good.

Post Thanks / Like

Read mikes article on white paint if you can find it. I read it last night along with all the linked articles and must say I've learned more about paint in 4 hours than I have in the last 2 years. And I'm not gonna lie, I really thought I knew quite a bit about paint and waxes already. Mike Phillips is like an encyclopedia of detaining information.

From what I read in the article, and from my own experience with KAIO, as you work the Klasse into the paint, the cleaners pull a lot of the environmental contaminates you otherwise could not see, out of the paint. That is what the black stuff on you applicator was.

Post Thanks / Like

I have experienced the same thing when using Klasse AIO. I'll think the panel is perfectly clean, but after using Klasse the color of my pad shows that I was wrong. As Nick said "Klasse AIO is just that good."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    KAIO is a fantastic chemical cleaner so it does not surprise me that it may have removed some remnant dirt from your paint. Another possible root cause for pad discoloration may be the rubber seals (especially the stripping around the windows and moonroof). Those will definitely discolor your pad if you inadvertently run them over.
    the car was a convertible so didn't have to do the roof. I showed my buddy the technique then let him at it. Didn't watch him the whole time so it is possible he hit some trim but this was more of an overall black tinge that sounds like remnant dirt from what everyone is saying. Never imagined how much of a difference these products could make.

It's one thing to read recommendations for paintwork cleansers (if not polishing) before putting on a sealant or other lsp but to see why right before my eyes is another thing... wow
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Besides KAIO, what are the other non-abrasive All-in-One products?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike has an article on this I think it was about the benefits of paint cleaners

KAIO
    WG Paint Polish enhancer
    Pinnacle paintwork cleanser
    XMT360
    the list goes on
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brawl View Post
    Besides KAIO, what are the other non-abrasive All-in-One products?
    Duragloss 501

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast