autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Video

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/04...rDetailing.htm

you be the judge, are we obsessed ???

Post Thanks / Like
    The only difference I see between him and the majority of us is the gauge measuring the thickness of the paint that he has to work with. Also, what's up with applying the was literally with his hands?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace1
    The only difference I see between him and the majority of us is the gauge measuring the thickness of the paint that he has to work with. Also, what's up with applying the was literally with his hands?
    That is Zymol. I believe Destiny. I had several samples of their most expensive waxes back in to late 90's. All suggested application by hand. The warmth of your hand melted the carnuba properly. Souveran looks just as good, maybe Max should send him some

The citric acid wash and the wheel cleaner are P21S and we carry it. Having used the wheel cleaner, it is one of the best. I never thought about using the wash, but gotta say it perked my interest. Maybe Max and Jason will send some for trial ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace1
    This is the method Zymol recommends for the application of their higher end waxes. Supposedly, there is so much wax content that the heat of your hands is required to liquify the wax enough for application.

Personally, I've used this method and you can feel the bits of wax melting in your hands. However, it's not going to result in a better finish necessarily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    That is Zymol. I believe Destiny. I had several samples of their most expensive waxes back in to late 90's. All suggested application by hand. The warmth of your hand melted the carnuba properly. Souveran looks just as good, maybe Max should send him some

The citric acid wash and the wheel cleaner are P21S and we carry it. Having used the wheel cleaner, it is one of the best. I never thought about using the wash, but gotta say it perked my interest. Maybe Max and Jason will send some for trial ???
    Actually, that's Zymol Royale. For some reason it's not listed on Zymol.com, but I've seen it for sale state side for about $7K. Also, I'm not totally convinced the wheel cleaner is P21S. A lot of people have suggested this in other threads about this video on other sites, but I'm not convinced. It may be Zymol wheel cleaner which is also a gel. I know the red brush he's using to agitate the wheel cleaner is the Zymol wheel brush. The wash bucket he's using looks like it could be either the Autogeek bucket or the Sonus bucket. Both are pretty much the same looks wise. Also, the sponge he's using looks like the Zymol Sponge and the blue microfibers he uses to remove wax & polish look like Zymol microwipes.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is clear that most/all products used are from Zymol. Actually after a little more research it seems that wash might also be STRIK.
    Last edited by ScottB; 04-22-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    It is clear that most/all products used are from Zymol. Actually after a little more research it seems that wash might also be STRIK.
    Yes, I think he primarily uses Zymol products because of their high prices and "all natural" reputation. Plus their products are routinely used on winners at some of the most prestigous concours events. He's really a superior marketer and he's piggy-backing the excellent marketing done by Zymol to justify his exhorbitant prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it works for him, and he can make money while using their products commercially, then more power to him. He is using some well established methods, we only need to change to the product of our choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most people I've spoken to who are amore knowledgable about detailing products than the average, but unaware of these online forums and products, immediately name Zymol. I direct them to brands such as P21s/S100 instead and encourage them to visit the Autogeek website.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to comment not about the products he is using but rather to Killerwheels original question, "Are we obsessed??" As for this man, he is getting paid major bucks for what he does, he should do all that is required to produce the perfect finish. As for me, I just love my car. I would be like the guy who goes out with a glass of wine and just looks at it. I love to go and look at my car and for me to do everything I possibly can to care for it and keep it beautiful is a labor of love. And to help my family and neighbors keep their cars in the best condition is a way of sharing my knowledge with them. Is that an obsession? My husband would say so lol but for me, it is just an appreciation of these vehicles and the pleasure that they can bring not only to the person who enjoys working on them and getting into all of the details, but also for the person who drives away with it shaking their head saying, "Wow, I forgot how beautiful it really was". Wine anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast