autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How much CQuartz is needed?

How much CQuartz is needed to coat an average sized sedan (the ENTIRE vehicle)? It's sold in 10ml and 30ml which one do I need? I thought I read on here earlier that 30ml wasn't even enough for someone (though it seemed contested by Avi)
    Is 10ml for one average car and 30ml for large SUV's or multiple smaller cars? I don't see any recommendations for quantity in the CarPro listing on AG.
    If 10ml doesn't cover a car why is it offered and at such a higher price? $2.50 per ml for the 10ml vs. $1.66 per ml for the 30ml.
    "If I were stranded on a desert island and could only have one book, record and person...I'd probably die of exposure."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much CQuartz is needed?

Panthercz,

All I can give you is facts and my own opinion...

I just added Cquartz to my wifes toyota camry and ran out of the 30ml bottle. I know another member barely got by with 30ml for one car and someone else did not make it because he still needed to do bumper and rear quarter panels. Contrastingly, another member...ahem..ahem...Rasky...ahem...only used 2/3 of a 30ml bottle and I consider him significantly more experienced than me with nano technology products and general detailing.

I consider an SUV larger with more surface area and if I had to do it over I would've order two 30ml bottles to be safe. If you have extra you can sell it or use it to seal windows, headlights, backlights, trim, or wheels. Its really hard to say because there could be a lot of variables at play. For one, it can be over used which probably will happen with first time users. This probably happened with me. Also, I have read dry climate can make it flash quicker but no definitive proof has been published or posted. Another theory I have is maybe the paint condition (oxidized) might use more or cause it to flash quicker.

Also note this product is still fairly new and as time goes on more users will be able to post results and experience on its application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by panthercz View Post
    How much CQuartz is needed to coat an average sized sedan (the ENTIRE vehicle)? It's sold in 10ml and 30ml which one do I need? I thought I read on here earlier that 30ml wasn't even enough for someone (though it seemed contested by Avi)
    Is 10ml for one average car and 30ml for large SUV's or multiple smaller cars? I don't see any recommendations for quantity in the CarPro listing on AG.
    If 10ml doesn't cover a car why is it offered and at such a higher price? $2.50 per ml for the 10ml vs. $1.66 per ml for the 30ml.
    You will always get better per part pricing on larger sizes regardless of brand or product. Just like buying gallons is a better value than buying quarts and quarts are better than pints.

10ml - Sample size, test panel, wheels, glass, not entire vehicle

30ml - One application on standard size car if applied correctly. Nice and thin coat.

SUV will require 40-50ml

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will include this information on the store for better clarification.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishnugget View Post
    Panthercz,

All I can give you is facts and my own opinion...

I just added Cquartz to my wifes toyota camry and ran out of the 30ml bottle. I know another member barely got by with 30ml for one car and someone else did not make it because he still needed to do bumper and rear quarter panels. Contrastingly, another member...ahem..ahem...Rasky...ahem...only used 2/3 of a 30ml bottle and I consider him significantly more experienced than me with nano technology products and general detailing.

I consider an SUV larger with more surface area and if I had to do it over I would've order two 30ml bottles to be safe. If you have extra you can sell it or use it to seal windows, headlights, backlights, trim, or wheels. Its really hard to say because there could be a lot of variables at play. For one, it can be over used which probably will happen with first time users. This probably happened with me. Also, I have read dry climate can make it flash quicker but no definitive proof has been published or posted. Another theory I have is maybe the paint condition (oxidized) might use more or cause it to flash quicker.

Also note this product is still fairly new and as time goes on more users will be able to post results and experience on its application.
    Thanks for the reply, I guess if I ever use it I'll have to get two 30ml bottles then. It'd be nice to get enough to do an entire car with one bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    You will always get better per part pricing on larger sizes regardless of brand or product. Just like buying gallons is a better value than buying quarts and quarts are better than pints.

10ml - Sample size, test panel, wheels, glass, not entire vehicle

30ml - One application on standard size car if applied correctly. Nice and thin coat.

SUV will require 40-50ml

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will include this information on the store for better clarification.

Thanks!
    I understand lower costs in higher quantities. It just seems odd that one 30ml bottle doesn't seem to be enough or is stretching it and an additional 10ml would probably be enough extra to cover it but the 10ml is at a much higher price point.
    If 10ml was enough for one entire vehicle and 30ml was the gallon equivalent and could cover an entire SUV or multiple cars then I could understand it. As of right now however it looks like I would need 10ml + 30ml to do one car (paint, lights, glass and wheels) and there is a large price difference between the two on a per ml scale. Why not sell a 40ml bottle? I'd rather have extra than not enough.
    "If I were stranded on a desert island and could only have one book, record and person...I'd probably die of exposure."

Post Thanks / Like

We just Made 50ml bottles as well, for the BIG cars, or for guys who want to make two cars,
    soon will be available at PBMA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by panthercz View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I guess if I ever use it I'll have to get two 30ml bottles then. It'd be nice to get enough to do an entire car with one bottle.

I understand lower costs in higher quantities. It just seems odd that one 30ml bottle doesn't seem to be enough or is stretching it and an additional 10ml would probably be enough extra to cover it but the 10ml is at a much higher price point.
    If 10ml was enough for one entire vehicle and 30ml was the gallon equivalent and could cover an entire SUV or multiple cars then I could understand it. As of right now however it looks like I would need 10ml + 30ml to do one car (paint, lights, glass and wheels) and there is a large price difference between the two on a per ml scale. Why not sell a 40ml bottle? I'd rather have extra than not enough.
    I actually ordered two just for that reason. However, like it was noted above, I got by with about 20ml on a full sized car. (Paint & Glass)
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    We just Made 50ml bottles as well, for the BIG cars, or for guys who want to make two cars,

Perfect!

Post Thanks / Like

Or newbies like me who overuse

Post Thanks / Like

Avi, that is great news! I need to get some suede mf's and the application pad. My bottles only ever came with the makeup pads. Can I get those separately?
    For anyone with extra left over (if you order a bigger 50ml bottle or 2 30's), don't forget that, unlike OC, CQ can be layered. You can put a 2nd layer on the front where you get bug splatter and what not. Or save it for re-applying to the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to cover the paint on my Infiniti I30t completely using only 13-14 ml...I haven't done my headlights though...so 15 ml I would say.
    My windscreen is wearing G-Techniq G1...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast