autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Folex, what all can it be used on?

Home Depot has it!

Post Thanks / Like

I get it at Lowes. I spray it on carpets, brush, then use my LGM pro heat with hot water to rise and extract. I find it easier and quicker to do it this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Optional uses for Folex : Used it yesterday to pre-treat grease and oil stains on a pair of blue jeans. Works for taking grape jelly and tomato soup off of stained t-shirts. Have two recliners that I use Folex on regularly to remove day to day dirt and stains. I buy it by the gallon from a local Lowes store

Post Thanks / Like
    The container says it can be used on pretty much any surface, I've used it for a full interior detail many times over. I use it on everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Used Folex on a headliner yesterday. The owner said his dad had a Pepsi explode in the car. Sprayed it on a clean, new, microfiber towel and gently wiped the headliner. The stain was removed and the towel was really dirty. Used 4 towels to do the entire headliner of the Land Rover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotyofire View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but this looks amazing, I wonder if I can just use the hose, I don't have a pressure washer, Today I tried Folex & this was the best I was able to achieve on the passenger side, I want them to look new if possible like yours!

I worked with just a garden hose and a 5 H.P. Rigid wet dry vac for a few years until getting my pressure washer. The key in my experience is to get some wet scrub time, some dwell and soak time and then rinse with a heavy stream of water until all the dirt stops coming out of the mats.

So for me and my garden hose, it's spray the Folex liberally onto the mats, allow a few minutes dwell time and then scrub the mats for longer than I think I should. If I still see any stains I attack them individually with more direct spray and brush until all the dirt and or grease is kind of all blended into the mat.

Next I lightly "soak" the mat with water and allow that water and cleaner to dwell as I work on the previously mentioned spray & scrub steps to the other mats. You really can't have too much soak time after scrubbing. If you get busy with other stuff, just periodically spray them down with the hose to keep them soaking as you do your other chores. The longer the better.

When you are ready to rinse all the dirt out, just adjust your hose nozzle to the thinnest and strongest stream of water possible and work from one side of each mat spraying the strong stream of water deep down into the pile of the mats.

Work methodically so as to not miss blasting all the dirt out of the mat in even one square inch. I use a side to side then up and down overlapping pattern of blasting the dirt out, just like polishing paint so I'm assured to get all of the dirt out. Repeat until there is no longer any dirt coming out of the mat.

You may find with additional soak time after blasting out all the dirt that an additional water blasting session later in the day might reveal more dirt that's been emulsified through additional soaking. Test and see....and if you get more dirt coming out then, you'll you have even cleaner mats in the end.

Then extract the water out as thorough as possible with your wet dry vac.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Dave's method. I usually start soaking the floormats before or as I'm washing the car. Then scrub after I'm done washing and rinse. If they need more I'll soak them again after folex dwells for 10-15 minutes. I use my extractor after my final rinse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

First time hearing about this product, sounds promising to me.

I bookmarked it and will order it soon

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, how much?

Quote Originally Posted by stilltipping3 View Post
    Home Depot has it!

Post Thanks / Like

You can find it at Lowes , Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond plus others. Lowes $15.49 a gallon or $5.79 for 32 oz.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast