autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCW users

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OCW users

I have used OCW and it makes the car look pretty good in my opinion doesn’t seem like it lasts very long though and it doesn’t seem to leave the finish that slick either just comparing to other spray waxes I have used.
    I am one who believes in almost never touching the paint only when I dry don’t have much choice there.
    For those of you who use it on 1x or 2x a week or 1x a month: How do you weigh the benefits of the spray wax vs. the downside of using in such frequency i.e. chances of scratching or micro marring when speeding /wiping off OCW??
    How many use OCW as their LSP?
    Many seem to say it work good as a topper but I thought you could use it as a standalone LSP?
    Has anyone applied OCW to a wet car and dried it kind of like Aqua Wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OCW users

Quote Originally Posted by mattkrmp80 View Post
    I have used OCW and it makes the car look pretty good in my opinion doesn’t seem like it lasts very long though and it doesn’t seem to leave the finish that slick either just comparing to other spray waxes I have used.
    I am one who believes in almost never touching the paint only when I dry don’t have much choice there.
    For those of you who use it on 1x or 2x a week or 1x a month: How do you weigh the benefits of the spray wax vs. the downside of using in such frequency i.e. chances of scratching or micro marring when speeding /wiping off OCW??
    Many seem to say it work good as a topper but I thought you could use it as a standalone LSP?
    I've gotten 3 months from OCW by itself. Are you prepping the surface correctly? I would not use OCW as a drying aid like AquaWax.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattkrmp80 View Post
    What makes you think it doesnt last long gloss and pop deminish after first wash beading about a few car washes and I agree slickness is not very good but you can use OID for slickness.
    I also agree with touching the finish the least possible to avoid micro scratching the finish which is easier said than done.
    I rather not use OCW as an LSP my innitial results are not to my liking. I will try OS topped with OCW.
    I dont think you can use OCW on a wet car might streak but I do hope Optimum comes out with a car wax that can be applied to a wet car kind of like merging of OID and OCW...
    Cris

Post Thanks / Like

I get 2-3 months with OCW. If washing with ONR or similar after your first drying pass with first towel you can spray OCW and then final drying pass with a second towel

Post Thanks / Like

It has doing well for over over 8 weeks for me. It still beads nicely on the upper surfaces but may have some issues on the very lowest sections but need to recheck when I wash the next time.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

If the surface is prepped properly the slickness of OCW is on par with almost any other lsp..I usually apply it to my car after every other wash if the surface is clean and you use a quality microfiber towel the risk of any marring is low...I wouldn't use it as a drying aid on a wet car though I usually use opti clean or ONR at detail spray strength for that .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evojoey View Post
    If the surface is prepped properly the slickness of OCW is on par with almost any other lsp..I usually apply it to my car after every other wash if the surface is clean and you use a quality microfiber towel the risk of any marring is low...I wouldn't use it as a drying aid on a wet car though I usually use opti clean or ONR at detail spray strength for that .
    I use OID as a drying aid but have been wondering if I could use Opti clean as a drying aid instead just in case I missed a spot and for added lubrication but can you use Opti clean on a wet surface?
    Cris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evojoey View Post
    If the surface is prepped properly the slickness of OCW is on par with almost any other lsp
    this. i agree with this 100%.

and as far as longevity...prep is one thing, treatment and environment/exposure are another.

it is so easy to use, i end up applying it to my daily driver about once a month, post-drying. it would last longer, i'm sure, but there is no reason not to use it semi-frequently. at the minimum i am stacking applications a bit, which can't hurt. it is relatively cheap and a little goes a LONG way.

incidently, in-between i'm using OID when drying and here and there i use Opti-Clean and/or old formula No Rinse at 31:1 for dusting duties.

Quote Originally Posted by G37 View Post
    I use OID as a drying aid but have been wondering if I could use Opti clean as a drying aid instead just in case I missed a spot and for added lubrication but can you use Opti clean on a wet surface?
    no need, really. Optimum Instant Detailer will cover you if for some odd reason you barely missed a spot or something while washing, and its slickness/gloss is unparalled IMO. OID is like a really "light" version of Opti-Clean in that it has many polymers and lubricants to help buffer your wiping when it comes to light light dirt/dust. doesn't seem nearly as "safe" as No Rinse quick detailer dilution strength or Opti-Clean, but it is just fine for light stuff and of course ideal for drying.

Opti-Clean is a really nice product for the waterless wash/gen purpose fine surface cleaner, but it doesn't offer the slickness and gloss that OID does.

for what it is worth, i use OID at 4:1 with distilled water, not the recommended 3:1. same effect using less product and way less propensity toward streaking.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G37 View Post
    I don't see why not, since it's a waterless wash that has a lot of polymers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast