autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: malco products

Post Thanks / Like
    i have to disagree with gregcavi. i dont belive malco is a crappy high production line. there fine products. i just bought some prowax yellow paste wax from the ''pro' company and its great!! pure brazilion carnuba wax. great stuff . and there a high production line !!. yes some of these companys do have silicons in there waxes and polishes .but they tell you they do its not like they hide it. but they also offer other waxes with out silicons. im not trying to push these products i know this is a/g site and they dont like mentioning other products. i just had to mention that .a/g a great site glad to be a member.
    Last edited by trhland; 01-16-2007 at 07:47 PM.
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 3 diffrent compounds and all 3 say they contain no fillers or silicone and have a bottle of flash liquid paste wax
    '03 Black Magic Pearl 20th Ae Gti
    #1,785/4,000

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Malco products for a couple of years in my mobile business. The work as well as most bulk chemicals out there. I've used lines from Kar Kraft, Malco, Auto Magic and Car Brite at various points in my business. Only two products from any of those lines were memorable. Both were from Malco. One was a wash and wax soap I think name was UltraViolet. The other was Flash. Flash is quick and easy to use. Would be great if you needed a cheap product that you could add protection to a car very quickly. When I was using it, I offered a very cheap wash and wax. It literally would only take a few minutes to wipe on and then go back and wipe off. If speed isn't the key though there are many other products that work better. All the lines I mentioned seemed to be about the same. Mequiar's Detailers line I've used also and felt it performed better than the others and the price was pretty good even with shipping. I still like the Ultraviolet and use it on the few cars that I don't use ONR on now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember washing my dads boat with that ultraviolet soap, i wanted to drink it smelt so good, just like grape cool aid.
    '03 Black Magic Pearl 20th Ae Gti
    #1,785/4,000

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    It's all junk. Its high production products loaded with oils and silicones.

Greg
    you have tried it? just curious. interesting discussion.
    never heard of it.
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    I have agree with Pharo... I have been in business now for 9 years and I have mainly used Malco and Carbrite. The majority of my business is for a car dealer, so I have to use the bulk products that are quick and cost effective, but also produce good results. I haven't tried any of the products from AG yet. I have just joined. I am always looking to improve my business and try new things to keep it exciting. I especially like to use very good products on my personal vehicles and the customer vehicles that I squeeze in between my car dealer. I have used the Flash wax and it is a good easy wax, but what I have found is that it leaves a lot of powdry flakes(Chalky). The ultra violet soap is great, but not many suds. The product that is used is all determined by the circumstance. So to say that Malco is all junk is totally unfair!! Especially if you have never used them or researched them to see that they don't all contain silcone and fillers.
    Tina

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C&C2Detail
    I haven't tried any of the products from AG yet.
    Definately give them a shot. I had been buying most of my bulk products from Automagic after Malco said they wouldn't stop by my home (after 2 years of business). When I started reading the forums and about products I had never heard of before I became curious. My curiousity led to orders and testing then more orders and testing and so on. I think the companies like Malco make nice products and they get the job done. Unfortunately many of the chemicals while cost effective don't do it as well as stuff you can get on AG from say Poorboys, Duragloss, Optimum and such. They are pretty cost effective per car and the quality is outstanding. Optimum is one company that to date I've tried three product (ONR, Poli Seal and their Polish). All three have been wonderful additions for me and definately going to try more. Autogeek seems to get more and more of my business. Their customer service is the best, their specials are spectacular and their product lines just amaze me. Their customer service really shines, easily #1 in my books.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C&C2Detail
    I have agree with Pharo... I have been in business now for 9 years and I have mainly used Malco and Carbrite. The majority of my business is for a car dealer, so I have to use the bulk products that are quick and cost effective, but also produce good results. I haven't tried any of the products from AG yet. I have just joined. I am always looking to improve my business and try new things to keep it exciting. I especially like to use very good products on my personal vehicles and the customer vehicles that I squeeze in between my car dealer. I have used the Flash wax and it is a good easy wax, but what I have found is that it leaves a lot of powdry flakes(Chalky). The ultra violet soap is great, but not many suds. The product that is used is all determined by the circumstance. So to say that Malco is all junk is totally unfair!! Especially if you have never used them or researched them to see that they don't all contain silcone and fillers.

Good to see someone else using Car Brite Products
    I have heard of Malco, but haven't used it before
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went to a Detailing Wholeseller in town - they have their own brand and Malco too. I did learn that they use to have Malco re-label their pads for them - then they found out that Edge was making Malco's pads - both wool and foam, same deal with Presta. I don't understand the relationship between Malco and Presta as Presta is listed under Malco's web site and I've heard enough positive reviews on Presta to go buy a quart of their polish. Looking at trying Malco later on, as their products say they contain no fillers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Malco products and they are OK...I have always used Auto Magic and with a little help from David Fermani I have seen how these products work.

Most of these name brand ones you have here only carry about 1-5 things for a certain application.

Automagic has over 20!

Take for instance compounding, they have:

Power Cut Plus
    Xp compund
    XP syntheticut
    Risk Free Compound system

Each one compounds, but each one has a different purpose and practice makes perfect with their product line. One Polish and Wax duo may work on a Accord but not so good on a Ford or a Ferrari. So you have to look at another combination.

The products truly are for the professionals to use and it takes time. I am definetly still learning and I probably will be for a couple years.

Please don't diss something until you try it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast