autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too impressed with 105

I don't know if it's just me or what. But, I've used 105 numerous times at this point. Other than the spread time window being really small...There's not too much to complain about. But honestly...I've got some compounds at my disposal that blow this stuff out of the water.

Can I get good results with it? Yes. Do I have to use it multiple times to get those results? Yes. For some reason, I always have to do a second pass with 105. I think that's mainly due to it's lack of passes to be made. I have noticed though, that with the PC...it tends to spread better, and work better for that matter. But whenever I try to use a wool pad with my Makita...it just eats it up. I typically prime my pad with 205 to improve the spread time to avoid it turning to chalky dust before it has time to work.

I've only had one bottle of 105 up to now. I'm just not so sure I would buy another one. I bought it cause it seems to be 90% of peoples "go to" compound in AG world. So I figured I'd give it a solid shot. I really think I've given this stuff a fair assessment. I just haven't been too impressed so far. Now 205...I absolutely LOVE. I think 205 is a far superior product than 105 IMO. I will surely have 205 in my arsenal from now on. But I think I'm breaking up with 105, ha.

How do you guys use it? Any tricks?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not too impressed with 105

In general you need to find a polish line you like using and does what you expect. You will practice and become efficient on its use and abilities. 105 is a nice product, but certainly no crime to choose another line as desired.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should try either or both of the following combos:

a) Megs Ultimate compound/Ultimate polish combo w/5.5" Lake Country hydro tech pads

b) Megs MF DA system, D300/D301 (5" Megs MF pads)

I think between the two, you ought to be able to find the sweet spot in terms of best bang for the buck.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

have you tried that with the new megs da pads yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I think you should try either or both of the following combos:

a) Megs Ultimate compound/Ultimate polish combo w/5.5" Lake Country hydro tech pads

b) Megs MF DA system, D300/D301 (5" Megs MF pads)

I think between the two, you ought to be able to find the sweet spot in terms of best bang for the buck.
    Interesting. I've been wanting to try the MF DA system really bad. I may have to give that a shot. Especially since I only seem to get results that please me with a rotary. Ultimate compound I've also been wanting to give a shot as well. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

i just made my order for the da mf system i have the old m105 thats for rotary only

Post Thanks / Like

kris what do you prefer in place of 105?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Meg's DA SMAT compounds and polishes. I REALLY like the new DA MF system! Although, if you're a rotary guy, moving to a DA might be awkward. What is your compound of choice, Kris?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    I don't know if it's just me or what. But, I've used 105 numerous times at this point. Other than the spread time window being really small...There's not too much to complain about. But honestly...I've got some compounds at my disposal that blow this stuff out of the water.

Can I get good results with it? Yes. Do I have to use it multiple times to get those results? Yes. For some reason, I always have to do a second pass with 105. I think that's mainly due to it's lack of passes to be made. I have noticed though, that with the PC...it tends to spread better, and work better for that matter. But whenever I try to use a wool pad with my Makita...it just eats it up. I typically prime my pad with 205 to improve the spread time to avoid it turning to chalky dust before it has time to work.

I've only had one bottle of 105 up to now. I'm just not so sure I would buy another one. I bought it cause it seems to be 90% of peoples "go to" compound in AG world. So I figured I'd give it a solid shot. I really think I've given this stuff a fair assessment. I just haven't been too impressed so far. Now 205...I absolutely LOVE. I think 205 is a far superior product than 105 IMO. I will surely have 205 in my arsenal from now on. But I think I'm breaking up with 105, ha.

How do you guys use it? Any tricks?
    Have you tried M105 on fresh paint?

What do you feel cuts better than M105? Does it finish down as well?

I know 3M Extra Cut works faster, but it leaves the finish looking terrible....

I would agree with what Killr said above though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up on M105 (back when it was rotary only). Right now I use GTechniq P1 and System 51 99% of the time. I like the fact they are water based.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast