autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are Waxes & Sealants Even Necessary??

after painting cars for 25 yrs. i rarely use a wax.truth be tols a quality 3 step buff is all i ever use.and no i dont do used car lot crap.i live in the chicago area and do MANYcelebrity and sports figures.start by educating youself about the clearcoat itself.if ya are really interested message me and i can give ya advice to bring out the best with yer abilities.and for the record i started when there was 1 buffer ,the 12 lb. milwaukee with 1 type of wool pad.no polishing pad no foam pads.compound was 3m superduty,basically rocks and ammonia in a bottle.after compound 3m machine glaze same wool pad.keep er grindin till she gleamed,and if it was black ya might go over it with sime liquid ebony.and mind you this was ll done with the same wool pad as nothing else was available.you just had to float the buffer to litghtly spin the wheel sofrt enough to get the result ya wanted.after 20 yrs.i got friend who still body buid and they all want my lats.12 lb. milwaukee 8 10 hours a day is all the work out ya need.any q's message me bro i'll teach ya to buff and i imagine you'll teach me a bunch to.thats why were here to help evary other ocd car freak like areself.peace out satarule,russ

Post Thanks / Like

Punctuation and spelling are definitely necessary

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by satarules View Post
    after painting cars for 25 yrs. i rarely use a wax.truth be tols a quality 3 step buff is all i ever use.and no i dont do used car lot crap.i live in the chicago area and do MANYcelebrity and sports figures.start by educating youself about the clearcoat itself.if ya are really interested message me and i can give ya advice to bring out the best with yer abilities.and for the record i started when there was 1 buffer ,the 12 lb. milwaukee with 1 type of wool pad.no polishing pad no foam pads.compound was 3m superduty,basically rocks and ammonia in a bottle.after compound 3m machine glaze same wool pad.keep er grindin till she gleamed,and if it was black ya might go over it with sime liquid ebony.and mind you this was ll done with the same wool pad as nothing else was available.you just had to float the buffer to litghtly spin the wheel sofrt enough to get the result ya wanted.after 20 yrs.i got friend who still body buid and they all want my lats.12 lb. milwaukee 8 10 hours a day is all the work out ya need.any q's message me bro i'll teach ya to buff and i imagine you'll teach me a bunch to.thats why were here to help evary other ocd car freak like areself.peace out satarule,russ
    You state you rarely use a wax and a 3 step buff is all that's necessary or what you use, but in this thread below you state Collinite Fleetwax is the best 20 bucks you will ever spend?

best wAX OR SEALANT

Post Thanks / Like

This is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    And Excedrine

Post Thanks / Like

Liquid ebony or black ebony hasn't been made in 20 years ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    don't need punktchoashun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuuZEey_bs

Post Thanks / Like

And back to the original question.

Yes.

I had a beater and I am pretty lazy. I always waxed the hood and sides of my 1992 Ford Explorer. I seldom waxed the roof. it was always pared outside in the hot, Southern California sun.

After 24 years the hood and sides are pretty good. Some clear failure on the hood due to too many corrections. But the roof which was never corrected has no clear on it at all.

So. No wax. No clear. After a 24 year test. The waxes used were all straight nubas, No cleaner waxes. Harly Wax for the first 10 years and Collinite 845 thereafter.

I got the Collinite long before it became trendy. I was in Harbor Freight one day and they had a box of it on the "dump" shelf. So I bought it all. Can't go wrong for $2.50 a bottle.
    Also bought the few remaining Collinite 476 paste waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    And back to the original question.

Yes.

I had a beater and I am pretty lazy. I always waxed the hood and sides of my 1992 Ford Explorer. I seldom waxed the roof. it was always pared outside in the hot, Southern California sun.

After 24 years the hood and sides are pretty good. Some clear failure on the hood due to too many corrections. But the roof which was never corrected has no clear on it at all.

So. No wax. No clear. After a 24 year test. The waxes used were all straight nubas, No cleaner waxes. Harly Wax for the first 10 years and Collinite 845 thereafter.

I got the Collinite long before it became trendy. I was in Harbor Freight one day and they had a box of it on the "dump" shelf. So I bought it all. Can't go wrong for $2.50 a bottle.
    Also bought the few remaining Collinite 476 paste waxes.
    Almost same experience.

Co-worker had an older car, I received a wax at work and I was showing him that polish is required for the shine.

I put waxed a small part of his door so he can see the difference since he was thinking pure wax would shine up his car.

He wasn't interested in anything at the time.

Few years later, large percentage of his clear coat failed except for that quarter size spot we had waxed.

Made me a firm believer. Can't remember which wax it was we used.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by satarules View Post
    Holy MOTHER OF GOD!!!!

Is it just me... (me thinks not) or was this darned near impossible to READ?

Spelling, writing... much?

OTOH... the dude just won the all time "dead thread revival" award! A full FIVE YEARS since any activity and it gets brought back from the dead.

As for not needing waxes and sealants..... hehehheheheheeeeeee yeeeeeeeeee yeah.

The jury is already in on that. Been written into law, carved into stone.

The tablets of Moses will continue to carry forward for all time into the hearts and minds of dedicated car owners, and detailers alike.... don't use an LSP and your paint is doomed to failure.

It b gret fur puntrs ut der. many dat kan put knew piant un dos curs dat need dem doh.
    New pant will b shinny n slick furever
    Last edited by cardaddy; 03-12-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: duh

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast