autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dry Wash or Polishing Quiz....

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    Man, people are cranking on you for this thread dude, haha.

I find it hilarious that people want sun shots of a waterless wash, lol. What the hell do you think you're gonna see? I mean really.

If the customer wanted their paint spotless...they wouldn't get the waterless service, they'd get correction! Of course if you take an up close sun shot after a waterless wash, it's gonna show defects that were never corrected. That doesn't mean the wash product put them there, or that B&B is offering sub par service. You get what you pay for...I think we all know that.

And a dry wash is no different than saying a waterless wash. Just cause they call it waterless doesn't mean there's absolutely no water involved. It just means you can wash without an abundance of water flow. No hoses, no pressure washing, no buckets of water, etc. I always thought that was fairly obvious...guess not, ha.

Nice job, Anthony. I like that correction!

I agree.

The 40yr old woman driving a white, silver, blue or even black etc Tahoe or Sienna minivan with 6 kids is not ever going to notice much less care for light marring.

They just want clean and shiny.

Plus a good wash, clay & shine can get you at least $100 - $150 from them, not even including the interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Thanx man.... would've got done quicker if you hadn't talked my head off on the phone lol!!! Just kiddin..... You see what I mean in the sun shots about the aircraft trails?!?!??! Thats what I was talking to you about on the phone - it was driving me nuts seeing them out of the corner of my eye and thinking they were holograms lol!
    yeah I did see that, ha. I could see that being annoying. But, the fact that you even see the aircraft trails is a really good sign!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah I did see that, ha. I could see that being annoying. But, the fact that you even see the aircraft trails is a really good sign!
    Yeah - that was actually taken before applying the final polish..... but the sun went bye bye as you can see in the finished product pics.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - that was actually taken before applying the final polish..... but the sun went bye bye as you can see in the finished product pics.
    What did you do to that anyways. 3 step?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is taking a chemical .... putting it in a spray bottle.... mixing the appropriate dilution..... spraying onto a panel..... and wiping it off.
    Putting it in a spray bottle??? Wow that sounds really innovating! Would you mind sharing your technique or method on doing this??? I live in apartments and dont really have acess to much water other than my sinks! So using a spray bottle sounds just perfect for me!!! I really wish you can tell me what product you use,
    It would really help me out alot!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do to that anyways. 3 step?
    It was swirled up pretty bad...... used makita/wool compound..... makita/black swirl remover.... makita/black Viper to top.......... sorry for late response, betterhalf called.

By the way.... Id like to explain why I am on here so late everyday --- My betterhalf works till 1 AM and she likes for me to wait up on her, so this is how I stay awake for her lol! Incase you all were wondering why I spend so much time on here!
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

It was swirled up pretty bad...... used makita/wool compound..... makita/black swirl remover.... makita/black Viper to top.......... sorry for late response, betterhalf called.

By the way.... Id like to explain why I am on here so late everyday --- My betterhalf works till 1 AM and she likes for me to wait up on her, so this is how I stay awake for her lol! Incase you all were wondering why I spend so much time on here!
    At least you have an excuse. I got nothin. I should definitely be in bed right now, haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post
    Putting it in a spray bottle??? Wow that sounds really innovating! Would you mind sharing your technique or method on doing this??? I live in apartments and dont really have acess to much water other than my sinks! So using a spray bottle sounds just perfect for me!!! I really wish you can tell me what product you use,
    It would really help me out alot!
    I can never tell if you're being sarcastic or not, ha. You tend to use so many exclamation points...it's hard to decipher whether or not you're being genuine. Although, I feel like this one is a dig...but maybe not, ha.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can never tell if you're being sarcastic or not, ha. You tend to use so many exclamation points...it's hard to decipher whether or not you're being genuine. Although, I feel like this one is a dig...but maybe not, ha.
    What are you trying to say?? Im seriously just wondering how he does it with a spray bottle, ive only been doing this for a month and a half and dont really know much... Thats why i ask, i thought thats what this forum is for....
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

I think its the little minion profile pic that throws me off..... I was wondering the same thing lol!

Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post
    What are you trying to say?? Im seriously just wondering how he does it with a spray bottle, ive only been doing this for a month and a half and dont really know much... Thats why i ask, i thought thats what this forum is for....
    Yeah man - there are products out there and I believe AG has some as well that you just spray on a panel and wipe off and/or buff in - they are great IMO but some people choose to side more with the water and bucket or pressure washer technique..... it's a preference thing.
    Bates Detailing

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast