autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

recommendations for Leather Conditioner

So we all have our own ways of cleaning leather ... personally I do the 10:1 APC and someof you may use a dedicated cleaner but nonetheless once a seat has been cleaned it needs to now be condiotioned ... I have been using Megs Aloe Cleaner and Conditioner (scrapped the cleaner) as the conditioner would leave black leather looking nice and rich and dark ... a tad glossy but could easily be knocked down with an additional wipe but all in all a good "looking" product ...

Now lately I have been detailing more and more newer Benz / Beamers / Lexus with clean leather that just requires a very light wipedown but still need to be conditioned as part of the service. I recently went to AutoZone and picked up Lexol as it was the "best" they had and having heard there name in the forums I dropped the $10 and by all means its OK and it does have a nice leathery smell but it didnt do the trick making thing soft and supple ... I even went as far to turn on the heater and let sit for a bit to soften the leather but no dice.

What is a good conditioner that leaves a nice warm look and soft feel to leather ... ?
    I know that there is no "softness in a bottle" product but there has got to be something close :P

Post Thanks / Like

Re: recommendations for Leather Conditioner

BMW, MB, and Lexus all use a coated leather that doesn't need conditioning. No matter how hard you try on a newer one of these cars the leather is not going to get softer and more subtle. Your best bet is to use something to protect the leather rather than condition it.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like
    If visibly dirty: vacuum, wipe with Power Clean (10:1) via microfiber and follow with Protectant Plus.

If just routinely cleaning replace the Power Clean step with just a damp microfiber since Protectant Plus has a mild cleaning effect on it's own.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk