autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I need a Leather cleaner !

My bottle of lexol cleaner is almost empty and I need a new one. Should I order this or another brand?

I don't want to get leatherique because when I usually interior detailing, I only the car for a day. I can't let the oil suck up for 48 hours or waste 3 hours hair drying the leather..

Are there all the same and just get lexol or there's notable difference?
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010
    Facebook ; WaxxonSpa |||| website ; www.waxxon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need a Leather cleaner !

I've heard good things about Leather Master Car Interior Strong Leather Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraa View Post
    My bottle of lexol cleaner is almost empty and I need a new one. Should I order this or another brand?

I don't want to get leatherique because when I usually interior detailing, I only the car for a day. I can't let the oil suck up for 48 hours or waste 3 hours hair drying the leather..

You can use the Leatherique Pristine Clean for light duty cleaning. As Aerocleanse mentioned, Leather Masters Strong cleaner is highly used. I haven't used Pinnacle or Wolfgang leather cleaners yet so I can't vouch for them. You do have plenty of options though. Kind of like wax, so many to choose from but will take you so long to go through them. If you decide on something new, write a review for us!

Post Thanks / Like

Lexol is pretty weak IMO. Griot's Leather Rejuvinator is better. I haven't tried LeatherMasters. My first preference is Leatherique, but this really requires a leather that is more porous/open and doesn't have a plastic coating. The absorption is also highly temperature dependent. On a hot day, it is usually absorbed in by the time I get done with the first coat, and then I can apply a second (or third).

So, I would say the optimum product may depend on the type of leather you have, it's condition/what you're trying to accomplish, and the weather and your time Like rwright says, it's kind of like wax.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Pristine Clean. It does a great job cleaning my seats and leaves a nice matte shine. But not only does it clean, but it also conditions and protects. Great stuff, you wouldn't regret it.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have like 10 jar of waxes. I know the game.

but let say I'm looking for an all-around Leather cleaner only ( no need conditionner) that I can work anywhere and doesn't need times to absorb or whatever.
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010
    Facebook ; WaxxonSpa |||| website ; www.waxxon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pristine Clean! You spray it on, work it with a brush (if needed), and wipe off with a damp towel soaked in warm water. No need to let it sit for more time then it takes to apply and remove.

Edit: A picture of the kind of finish it leaves.

Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraa View Post

My local chain hardware store (Ace) sells Lexol cleaner and conditioner. So you don't have to wait or pay shipping.

I've always used it for cleaning, it works great.

Post Thanks / Like

My personal preference for leather cleaning is Ultima Interior Shampoo. You can get the leather very clean and use the same stuff for the rest of your interior. Its like an all in one for interiors. Follow up with Ultima Interior Guard Plus for a long lasting satin look and smooth feel.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    Pristine Clean! You spray it on, work it with a brush (if needed), and wipe off with a damp towel soaked in warm water. No need to let it sit for more time then it takes to apply and remove.

Edit: A picture of the kind of finish it leaves.

That's a little to greasy looking for my taste... I'll stick with Lexol for the time being.

2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x: Avalanche White
    2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 6MT: Redline Red

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast