autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray bottle preference?

I have always bought my spray bottles through Malco. But, they are just generic spray bottles. They get the job done, but I find myself screwing around with them a lot. A lot of times they get clogged up, and I have to take them apart and use the air hose to free them up.

I would like to buy a whole new set of spray bottles for this year. Any recommendations? Especially for wheel acid.

I have one bottle from Zep that I swear is bullet proof. Did I just end up with a random good bottle, or are all their bottles this good?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray bottle preference?

This is something i have been playing with lately too.

My Zep bottle leaks a bit (32 oz from Home Depot) or else I would use more of them.

The Griots Garage foaming spray head is good and will fit most 32oz bottles, although the spray is a bit narrow. (I havn't tried their bottles yet) The spray heads that come with DP products are also nice if you don't need foam. I end up replacing the heads on bottles a lot when I purchase locally.

I have also started using the Chemical Guys bottles. They look like Wolf Gang round bottles (low profile spray head) only they are clear. I doubt any of these would stand up to acid though.

The Spray master chemically resistant bottles are also nice and you can get them on Auto Geek and Home Depot I just personally dont like the spray head.

Don't know if it helps
    -Roy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRex View Post
    This is something i have been playing with lately too.

My Zep bottle leaks a bit (32 oz from Home Depot) or else I would use more of them.

The Griots Garage foaming spray head is good and will fit most 32oz bottles, although the spray is a bit narrow. (I havn't tried their bottles yet) The spray heads that come with DP products are also nice if you don't need foam. I end up replacing the heads on bottles a lot when I purchase locally.

I have also started using the Chemical Guys bottles. They look like Wolf Gang round bottles (low profile spray head) only they are clear. I doubt any of these would stand up to acid though.

The Spray master chemically resistant bottles are also nice and you can get them on Auto Geek and Home Depot I just personally dont like the spray head.

Don't know if it helps
    -Roy
    I'm kind of having the same issue. I've got a few different kinds of bottles around my shop. They all have their hang ups.

I recently got a bottle of the DP carpet prep cleaner. I really don't like the sprayer on that thing. It was difficult to get it to spray the way I like. Plus, it almost seemed like it tried to be multi functional. Seemed to me that if you pressed the trigger firm, it would spray well. But, if you let up a little bit on pressure...it would shoot a straight stream. Sounds like a good idea...but I found it annoying cause it would bounce between both functions. Strange.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently use a similar bottle to these. I ordered them through a different site, but are the same exact bottles just different brand. Kwazar Mercury Pro + Double-Action Spray Bottles, high output sprayers, detail sprayers, chemical sprayers

I really like the dual action sprayer and they are pretty heavy duty. I bought 4 of them back in April 2010 and other than one of them the trigger sticks on occasion, the other 3 have worked flawlessly. Only down fall to them is that they are on the pricey side for spray bottles.

Not sure if they can handle a wheel acid, but I'm sure someone at AG might know that.

I hate the DP sprayers! The bottles are just too big and your right the trigger is weird. I always end up putting them in a different bottle to use.

Post Thanks / Like

The best bottle for the price I have uses is the zep from hd - for 3.75 a piece you can't beat them...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    I currently use a similar bottle to these. I ordered them through a different site, but are the same exact bottles just different brand. Kwazar Mercury Pro + Double-Action Spray Bottles, high output sprayers, detail sprayers, chemical sprayers

I really like the dual action sprayer and they are pretty heavy duty. I bought 4 of them back in April 2010 and other than one of them the trigger sticks on occasion, the other 3 have worked flawlessly. Only down fall to them is that they are on the pricey side for spray bottles.

Not sure if they can handle a wheel acid, but I'm sure someone at AG might know that.

I hate the DP sprayers! The bottles are just too big and your right the trigger is weird. I always end up putting them in a different bottle to use.
    Those Kwazar bottles look pretty cool. I like how they spray twice with one squeeze. My only concern is that the trigger would eventually fail or something. I'll probably just buy a couple and give them a shot.

So far I'm really leaning toward the Zep bottles...only because I've been so impressed with this one I've had. But, the Kwazar would definitely be cool for certain products.

Thanks man!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tfullercdi View Post
    The best bottle for the price I have uses is the zep from hd - for 3.75 a piece you can't beat them...
    I think I'm with ya on that

Post Thanks / Like

Best spray bottle that are affordable are the AutoZone chemically resistant spray bottle. at $2.50 a piece I bought about 10. They are hidden gems, workers there said they didn't even know they sold these.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Meg's spray bottles any good?

I'm considering going with one with my next order of X-press wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Best spray bottle that are affordable are the AutoZone chemically resistant spray bottle. at $2.50 a piece I bought about 10. They are hidden gems, workers there said they didn't even know they sold these.
    Hmmm...interesting. Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast