autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats the "key" to Klasse SG?

I have now read everything from apply fast and wipe off faster to let it sit for a long (hour+) before wiping it. Everyone agree's that putting it on thin is the right way but the removal time/method has me worried about the box UPS is bringing me today.

Its a misserable 74 outside today and going to hit 80 this weekend then back down to the low 70's so thats the weather I have to contend with. We do get dew in the am here from the on shore flow but I bought the Klasse because it did not have the dire warnings about getting it wet for 12 hours like the other one I was going to get.

If it will make you guys stuck in the cold feel better I am taking my little girls up to the snow next week so I would like to get it done before that. Its 2 hours away but worth the drive for them to sled and play in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats the "key" to Klasse SG?

The key is thin, as you noted. You can do the WOWO (wipe on, wipe off), or let it set up and then buff later. IME if you're just putting on a whisper-thin layer, you will see it flash dry and disappear as you are applying it (much like a WOWA, if you have used one of those). In that case you will just wind up with a few spots that are thicker that you will have to buff off. If for some reason you get a rough spot that doesn't want to come off, some more SG, QD, or water will help you. When you are putting it on super-thin, believe it or not, the applicator will glide differently over the parts that are already coated, so you can tell by feel if you are overlapping. Just a few drops per panel should be all that's needed. What are you prepping with?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

The key is thin,

Thin is in when it comes to Klasse SG

I recommend applying to a section about a foot squared your first time to get a feel for it versus an entire panel or the entire car.

Just apply to a small area and play with it a little, wipe it off, get the hang of it and after you're comfortable with it and you have confidence in your technique, then go for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Great thanks guys I just now opened my box with my pads (after getting the CCS 6.5 earlier each bagged and sealed I was supprised at the flat LC 5.5's coming unwraped) with MG 205 and WGPPE and Klasse with those awsome Cobra guzzler HDs. After only ever playing with the costco microfibers I now understand your pushing the cobra ones as they are SUPER nice.

Looks like play time this weekend, thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

transfer some to a small travel size spray bottle, spritz and buff, then flip towel and final buff. Youll appreciate me.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I made a mistake and didn't apply thin layer of Klasse SG. It wasn't easy removing the extra sealant. There were a few spots that needed extra rubbing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    transfer some to a small travel size spray bottle, spritz and buff, then flip towel and final buff. Youll appreciate me.
    Sheesh, I forgot about that, that's an important tip that I've been using forever (about the little spray bottle). I use it to spray on the applicator, but you can certainly do it directly on the paint for the WOWO that you are describing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Great idea. I had so much trouble pouring it onto the pads. Wasted a bit because it kept sliding off the pads.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the twins a couple of times and i think that a properly clayed and clean finish is the key along with the obvious thin,thin,thin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast