autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone ever tried the foam blaster?

I saw this today at the home depot, and seems like it could be good, they do say that it can be used to wash cars.

I don't have access to a pressure washer since I live in an apartment building, or I would have gotten one...

I'm sure is not half the gun the Foamaster foam gun is, but it might be useful, or used for different product...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone ever tried the foam blaster?

yes it worked pretty well. i was a complete dumb ass in figuring out how to attach to pressure washer wand. it is at the end and a little unwieldly but it works and the price was sure right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    yes it worked pretty well. i was a complete dumb ass in figuring out how to attach to pressure washer wand. it is at the end and a little unwieldly but it works and the price was sure right.
    Good to know...

Post Thanks / Like

For less than $20 I'm certainly in!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

all you guys looking for these foamers. my pressure washer has a syphon tube to sucking soap into the unit and it sprays directly out of the factory wand.

I guess not many units have this feature?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBall View Post
    all you guys looking for these foamers. my pressure washer has a syphon tube to sucking soap into the unit and it sprays directly out of the factory wand.

I guess not many units have this feature?

Most pressure washers have that option, but not all... But the main advantage I see on using an attachment is if you use cleaners to clean the outside of your house, or bleach for your deck, you will end up putting that on your paint.

Now, how have you tried it before? how good of a foam do you get?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    Most pressure washers have that option, but not all... But the main advantage I see on using an attachment is if you use cleaners to clean the outside of your house, or bleach for your deck, you will end up putting that on your paint.

Now, how have you tried it before? how good of a foam do you get?
    i dont use any other cleaners in that system. only car wash if i use it. and it does a great job. im sure teh foamers are better but it works great.

I have a Karcher pressure washer. dont know the model name i would have to look.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw it bought it! This is a nice gun.imo. you can use whatever carwash shampoo in it you want. It also has the quick disconnect,which made it a no brainer for me. As Andrew Ball stated," the foamers are better". But this works fine for me. Then too since I am mobile,I do not really want all the foam on the vehicle. It looks good but you have to rinse it off,and it goes down the drain. Rest assured that the EPA spects are headed eastward!

Post Thanks / Like

I own one of these. Build quality is meh and I am missing the o-ring already. I just sits loosely between the body and reservoir so when you unscrew it just falls out.

Connected to 1300 psi electric pressure washer and loaded with Optimum Car Wash @ 1:1 in reservoir. Wanted to show how well it clings, this car is regularly maintained so the surface is pretty slick.

By the end of the video the foam on the drivers door had been on there for approx. 2 minutes. I think that the foam from this gun does not cling as well as the the foam cannons but it is close the foam density also looks thinner than the cannons. However, I can't find any videos where it shows how the foam from a cannon clings for any length of time over 30 seconds without reapplication.

Update: I now own a AG style foam cannon and it is thicker but the cling is not much different than this video at least from my super budget pressure washer. Not sure if it would be thicker with a more powerful pressure washer or not. I have read that with the foam cannons the flow rate makes a difference.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfQ9ID14B9A&sns=em]YouTube - G Foam Pressure Washer Foam Blaster[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Metajames View Post
    I own one of these. Build quality is meh and I am missing the o-ring already. I just sits loosely between the body and reservoir so when you unscrew it just falls out.

Connected to 1300 psi electric pressure washer and loaded with Optimum Car Wash @ 1:1 in reservoir. Wanted to show how well it clings, this car is regularly maintained so the surface is pretty slick.

By the end of the video the foam on the drivers door had been on there for approx. 2 minutes. I think that the foam from this gun does not cling as well as the the foam cannons but it is close the foam density also looks thinner than the cannons. However, I can't find any videos where it shows how the foam from a cannon clings for any length of time over 30 seconds without reapplication.

Update: I now own a AG style foam cannon and it is thicker but the cling is not much different than this video at least from my super budget pressure washer. Not sure if it would be thicker with a more powerful pressure washer or not. I have read that with the foam cannons the flow rate makes a difference.

THank you so much for the video!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast