autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think M105 cuts noticeably more than Optimum Hyper Spray Compound?

I tried them both, and it's not really close if you ask me. Opinions?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone think M105 cuts noticeably more than Optimum Hyper Spray Compound?

I started with OHSC on Sunday and broke the sprayer head. I ended up moving to M105 which also cut much faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    I started with OHSC on Sunday and broke the sprayer head. I ended up moving to M105 which also cut much faster.
    I agree. The Optimum spray compound does not have much cut. The sprayer will not mist (like shown in the video) but it does stream nicely. The problem is the sprayer pump handle sticks and when it releases the darn stream goes all over the shop, car and me.

The good news is the sprayer , oops the streaming feature, works perfect for priming the pads. Just hold the sprayer tip firmly against the pad and pump. You can prime the pad exactly like you want it.

I also test the OHSC on clear polycarbonate to test the cut. It was not much.

Regards,
    Stephenson

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, in my experience I think M105 does cut more than Optimum Hyper Compound. I still like optimum hyper compound, though. I was low on M105 recently and ended up using hyper compound on a Suburban that was majorly swirled out. It worked great on the suburban, but some other vehicles paints that I have tried it on did not respond as well. Just depends on the paint, which is to be expected.

I do however dislike the sprayer. As others have stated the sprayer does not work very good. I like the concept of the spray compound, but the sprayer just did not work as well as I would have liked it to. It seemed to make more of a mess than if I would have just poured it out of the bottle
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    Kurt,

I had the same problem and found after I used it I needed to clean the nozzle thoroughly otherwise it would clog and I'd lose a sprayer head.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

My sprayer broke also. If you close the nozzle down to try and get a good spay pattern there is a very good chance you will break the spray head into several pieces when you give it a good squeeze.This is how I broke mine.

Dwayne suggested and sent me a flip top lid that I screwed on the bottle and I got rid of the spray feature and the mess it created.

It worked great on Mike's video, but not so good for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I tried them both, and it's not really close if you ask me. Opinions?
    I just received mine yesterday from the AG Black Friday sale. Haven't tried it yet, but in no way did I or do I expect it to cut as well as M105. I think anyone who was expecting that had unreasonable expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    I just received mine yesterday from the AG Black Friday sale. Haven't tried it yet, but in no way did I or do I expect it to cut as well as M105. I think anyone who was expecting that had unreasonable expectations.
    Considering Dr. G said that it cuts as well as m105, that's what I expected.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Considering Dr. G said that it cuts as well as m105, that's what I expected.
    Where did he say that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Kurt,

I had the same problem and found after I used it I needed to clean the nozzle thoroughly otherwise it would clog and I'd lose a sprayer head.
    The bottle was brand new and never used. I first got a stream and tried to adjust for a spray like I finally got with the polish. I got about 5 pumps (streams) out of it and the sprayer nozzle and spring shot out of the sprayer head, spraying compound all over. Fortunately, I use a box to apply the spray polish to the pads but still made a mess of the workbench and my hands.

I may use a flip top screw on top instead of the sprayer, but Dr. G is sending me a new sprayer. It's really too bad. The product works quite well but doesn't have the heavy and quick cutting of M105 with a DA.

It might be much better with a rotary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast