autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam gun or bucket

I purchased a cheap foam gun once that was a package deal with wheel brushes and such. it didn't suds up very well so I only used it twice before burying it in my garage somewhere.

I've seen the pics of guys on this forum using the professional tools costing and avg of $80. The application and the amount of foam dispensed looks very impressive. I can see how the real gun cuts down on your time. But is time the only advantage? I assume the same amount of elbow grease is needed once the shampoo is applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam gun or bucket

I use the foam gun, then rinse to loosen dirt and grime, then I use the 2 bucket method to wash the car.
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like

I dont find my foam gun is neccesarily a time saver. It does provide an advantage to providing that one extra layer of lubricity to lessen the chance of inducting swirling. A good foaming shampoo like DP works great. We all spend alot of time de-swirling our rides so anything that will give me an advantage to lessen them is a plus, ie, foam gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    We all spend alot of time de-swirling our rides so anything that will give me an advantage to lessen them is a plus, ie, foam gun.
    Though I wasn't thinking along those lines, I get that. There's something to be said about a hands off shampoo application. I've also seen people blasting the soap up into the wheel wells. On sports cars these can be very difficult to get to w/o a gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    I dont find my foam gun is neccesarily a time saver. It does provide an advantage to providing that one extra layer of lubricity to lessen the chance of inducting swirling. A good foaming shampoo like DP works great. We all spend alot of time de-swirling our rides so anything that will give me an advantage to lessen them is a plus, ie, foam gun.
    I agree.

It's actually an added step but it does apply an initial layer of soapy lubricant that can't hurt and possibly aids in the avoidance of adding swirls. The fewer number of times you come in contact with the surface the less change of adding defects.

This is the primary reason I use a dedicated electric leaf blower to dry my vehicles after washing and rinsing.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhudeboye View Post
    Though I wasn't thinking along those lines, I get that. There's something to be said about a hands off shampoo application. I've also seen people blasting the soap up into the wheel wells. On sports cars these can be very difficult to get to w/o a gun.
    For blasting soapy suds into those hard to reach areas then I'd recommend a Foam Canon instead of a Foam Gun.

Foam Canon's are attached to a pressure washer and exert high pressure water into the unit making it a much more effective tool for blasting away that dirt and grime...

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt know their was a difference. Thanx for clearing that up.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend told me he bought a foam gun from home depot for only 20 bucks and it works real nice.
    Green Earth G-Foam Blaster for 4,000 psi Pressure Washers - AGPWF04 at The Home Depot

Post Thanks / Like

I've been kicking around the idea of buying a foam cannon, but my pressure washer exceeds the 2600 psi rating of the foam cannon. I don't want to buy a new pressure washer just for washing the car, so maybe this cheap foam blaster is the ticket. Anyone have any first-hand experience with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    My friend told me he bought a foam gun from home depot for only 20 bucks and it works real nice.
    Green Earth G-Foam Blaster for 4,000 psi Pressure Washers - AGPWF04 at The Home Depot
    A great gun at a fantastic price!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast