autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: sealeant with easy removal

Would it be fair to say that just about all the synthetic sealants that AugoGeek sells are easy to remove, the one exception perhaps being Klasse High Gloss Sealant?

Finish Kare 1000p has not yet been mentioned, so I'll throw it into the mix as well. Once it hazes, I have found it very easy to buff off. If durability is a decisive concern, this is the sealant I would choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for BlackFire Wet Diamond.

Post Thanks / Like

KLASSE SEALANT GLAZE.
    This product gets a bad rap as far as I am concerned. Yesterday I did an entire van with it (once again) and the stuff comes off better than anything I have ever used. I don't get the complaints about it. Obviously they are putting on too much or doing something wrong. Plus it is the best protectant sealant . tough as nails. I use a wheelchair and apply it with a sponge mop with a microfiber bonnet over it for the high up walls of my 2010 GMC Savana. I then remove it from high up areas with a nice micro fiber towel bungeed over a microfiber wash brush with a telescoping handle (the one they sell at walmart. It comes right off for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1flyfisher View Post
    KLASSE SEALANT GLAZE.
    This product gets a bad rap as far as I am concerned. Yesterday I did an entire van with it (once again) and the stuff comes off better than anything I have ever used. I don't get the complaints about it. Obviously they are putting on too much or doing something wrong. Plus it is the best protectant sealant . tough as nails. I use a wheelchair and apply it with a sponge mop with a microfiber bonnet over it for the high up walls of my 2010 GMC Savana. I then remove it from high up areas with a nice micro fiber towel bungeed over a microfiber wash brush with a telescoping handle (the one they sell at walmart. It comes right off for me.

I agree. I have use Klasse SG without any of the issues mentioned by some users and it looks great. WG sealant is very easy to use as well as Poorboys EX-P. The key to an easy product and I have noticed this with any product, DO NOT put a lot on, it is a waste of product and energy. Good luck with your decision.

If you want to try WG let me know I can send you some.

Post Thanks / Like

The two flavor of the month are CQuartz and GTechniq. GTechniq is said to last 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I continually read on this website people complaining about KSG. I did an entire van with it from my wheelchair yesterday and the stuff came off better than anything I have ever used. I think it comes off easier than KAIO which people always seem to say comes off very easy. Trust me if it didn't come off easy I would not use it. The stuff just wipes on and wipes off.

I recommend a clean microfiber towel to wipe it right off. I mean a clean towel that doesn't have any build up of KAIO on it or anything else you might be buffing off first. I got those thick nice blue ones I think from target. I think they are viking, they are blue on one side and gray on the other.
    Maybe I am doing something others aren't?
    I am using those light blue microfiber pads that you get at walmart. I have the Meg's clay kit that came with the detail spray that comes in the red bottle. I spray 3-4 sprays on the pad to moisten it and then I do a circular swirl like this @ on the mf pad to get some KSG on and into the pad. I do a Large area with that amount, almost my entire cargo door. Then I just add about a nickle/dime sized drop as I go along and start a new area. 2-3 small drops I can do the entire hood of my van. You have to let it dry a little. maybe that is folks problem. I start on one spot on my van and by the time I am done doing the whole van I take a little break. Drink a soda. Then do some plastic trim and then I come back and buff it off. It wipes right off for me. Maybe You need to let it sit for a half hour or or so.

People must be globbing it on that have trouble getting it off.

I imagine there are waxes and sealants other than KAIO/KSG that might give you a different type shine or a better shine if that is what you want. I am happy with the shine for me as this is an off road van that sits outside and is a DD and I am after long lasting protection from dirt, dust, mud, salt etc. My van is silver by the way. You just can't beat the Klasse twins for long lasting protection. I also bought a can of Finish Care fk-1000P that I have yet to try. I bought it because I heard it is very long lasting and goes on and off easy. I haven't gotten around to it because the Klasse twins work so well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986mustanggt View Post
    I agree. I have use Klasse SG without any of the issues
    by some users and it looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1flyfisher View Post
    Yeah I continually read on this website people complaining about KSG. I did an entire van with it from my wheelchair yesterday and the stuff came off better than anything I have ever used. I think it comes off easier than KAIO which people always seem to say comes off very easy. Trust me if it didn't come off easy I would not use it. The stuff just wipes on and wipes off.

I recommend a clean microfiber towel to wipe it right off. I mean a clean towel that doesn't have any build up of KAIO on it or anything else you might be buffing off first. I got those thick nice blue ones I think from target. I think they are viking, they are blue on one side and gray on the other.
    Maybe I am doing something others aren't?
    I am using those light blue microfiber pads that you get at walmart. I have the Meg's clay kit that came with the detail spray that comes in the red bottle. I spray 3-4 sprays on the pad to moisten it and then I do a circular swirl like this @ on the mf pad to get some KSG on and into the pad. I do a Large area with that amount, almost my entire cargo door. Then I just add about a nickle/dime sized drop as I go along and start a new area. 2-3 small drops I can do the entire hood of my van. You have to let it dry a little. maybe that is folks problem. I start on one spot on my van and by the time I am done doing the whole van I take a little break. Drink a soda. Then do some plastic trim and then I come back and buff it off. It wipes right off for me. You need to let it sit for a half or or so.

People must be globbing it on that have trouble getting it off.

I imagine there are waxes and sealants instead of KAIO/KSG that might give you a better shine if that is what you want. I am happy with the shine for me as this is an off road van that sits outside and is a DD and I am after long lasting protection from dirt, dust, mud, salt etc. You just can't beat the Klasse twins for long lasting protection. I also bought a can of Finish Care fk-1000P that I have yet to try. I bought it because I heard it is very long lasting and goes on and off easy. I haven't gotten around to it because the Klasse twins work so well.
    Since this thread about sealant with easy removal why does it take a paragraph to describe the process. I mention 3M Performance Finish above. The process - wipe on a 2'x2' area, no waiting, wipe off. Now that's what I call EASY.
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, because that is what I decided to write.

Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    Since this thread about sealant with easy removal why does it take a paragraph to describe the process. I mention 3M Performance Finish above. The process - wipe on a 2'x2' area, no waiting, wipe off. Now that's what I call EASY.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Wipe it on and that's it. 10 minutes to do the whole care. It leaves a great shine and beads water like crazy. Good luck!

Regards,
    Frank A.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank A. View Post
    Another vote for Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Wipe it on and that's it. 10 minutes to do the whole care. It leaves a great shine and beads water like crazy. Good luck!

Regards,
    Frank A.
    UPGP doesn't qualify to the op's question cause you don't wipe it off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast