autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with slight scratch marks on BMW OEM wheels

OK so I made a very bad mistake without even thinking. On my OEM silver e90 wheels there was some very difficult to remove black spots. Maybe from brakes but not sure. Nothing I did would get it off and I consider myself knowledgeable when it comes to detailing but maybe not after this. Drag out a SOS pad and amazingly takes off the black spots. I do all my wheels. Come to find out I have slight scratches on all my wheels.

In the picture its not the darker marks you see but the very faint marks you can see kind of in the corners. I have yet to try to remove them at this point but wanted some suggestions first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with slight scratch marks on BMW OEM wheels-mini-right-rear-1-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with slight scratch marks on BMW OEM wheels

Eh, don't feel bad, you're not the first guy to do that. My friend bought a set of wheels on eBay that looked perfect when we looked at them under the parking lot lights in the trunk of the guy's car, but when we got them home...they looked like yours. You could probably do a real decent job of polishing out those swirls--if they weren't in between the spokes. It's going to be a messy, thankless job with a Powerball, Flitz ball, or something like that (maybe the new Meguiar's wheel kit?). If you can squint and not see the swirls anymore, that might be the best way to get rid of them

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with slight scratch marks on BMW OEM wheels

You scuffed them up with the SOS pad it looks like. I would just get a polishing tool or wheel kit like Setec suggested and go to town on them with a drill. You aren't going to have a whole lot of luck getting those out by hand would be my bet. What have you tried on them besides the SOS pad?