autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions on UPP and Clear Bras

Hey guys, I'm new around here and had a couple questions.

I recently purchased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE with pearl white paint. On my old car I used UPP and their spray wax in between. I loved the stuff. The bottle of UPP I have is almost empty and over 3 years old now. I was going to try WG DGPS but noticed UPP now has "polycharger". How has the added "polycharger" affected UPP? Good/bad?

Secondly, I was thinking about purchasing a 3M clear bra. I've found only one place around here that installs them and they want around $800 for the bumper,hood combo. I can get the same 3M kit off ebay for $220 and do it myself. I have experience decaling race cars so I think I can make it work. Do you guys recommend them and how would they look over pearl white paint?

Thanks for any feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions on UPP and Clear Bras

Although I haven't used the PolyCharged version of UPP, it could only be an improvment. So if you like UPP, you will certainly like the improved longevity of the PolyCharged version.

You'll get a lot of different opinions on whether you should do the film yourself, not so many different ones on whether it's a good idea. I'd definitely do it.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a shop a few blocks from me that does both clear bras and full wraps. I spent an afternoon watching them install a clear bra (3M brand) on a new ZR-1
    It involved a lot of pulling, stretching and heating with a heat gun. I don't think that I would attempt anything much more than the pieces that go behind the wheel arches to protect the front and rear lower quarter panels. It wasn't that it looked difficult, but the guys doing it had a lot of experience and they were having problems getting it to lay "just so".

Post Thanks / Like

I would not personally use UPP on a clearbra ... but cannot easily warn why just a feeling. As offered the newer version of UPP is better than the original and a bit more durable too.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

So far the current UPP is outlasting the last version by 3 weeks (1 coat). Before I could not get more then 3 weeks before the slickness was gone and the beading was not as uniform. I applied the polycharged version to my wife's car 6 weeks ago (1 coat) and it is still slick(ish) and the beads are larger and less uniform. This new version is miles ahead of the old version and currently outperforming WG DGS (again 1 coat comparison) ime.