autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Range Rover white leather care?

Hi AG members. I have a full detail coming up in the near future where one of the things that the client has mentioned is that the white leather seats are pretty dirty. He has tried some leather conditioner and gave up. I have had pretty good luck cleaning leather seats with a mild APC such as Poorboy's mixed at around 20 to 1 and then conditioned with PB leather stuff. However the client describes the leather in this Range Rover as being very soft with a natural leather feel and not coated. It is a 2006 model.

I am thinking maybe go with Leatherique's combo on this one or lexol's combo. Any of you members do many of these Range Rovers and care to chime in with some suggestions as to what would be best to use or any special needs or attributes of this particular type of leather?

Thanks in advance, TD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Range Rover white leather care?

The white RR seats I care for are coated. I'd use something designed for leather that's gentle and won't activate resoiling. Leatherique is ok if you have several hours on hand for dwell time, but I personally like Leather Masters Strong cleaner & Leather Protection Cream.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

There are several dedicated leather cleaners from Pinnacle, to Duragloss, to Mothers, and more. I would try one versus and AIO type leather cleaner/protectant and better you'll see some results.

I do agree with David, Leatherique is a great choice but you need some time to get the full benefits from it.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

The lighter color leather, especially the Euro manufacturers, cause me to use the Lexol in favor of the Leatherique/Pristine Clean.

I also like the PB Leather Stuff for its ease of use and cleaning while conditioning benefits. CG is also a brand I use more often as it works well on about texture leather I have come into contact with.

Unfortunately, the light colored leather interiors are obviously prone to things like denim jean transfer etc. The best thing a detail technician or owner can do is use the best cleaning, least aggressive cleaner as repeated cleaning will excel the deterioration of the leather/dye over time.
    Shade Tree Auto Detailing
    Austin, Texas & surrounding areas

Post Thanks / Like

I would use Ultima Interior Shampoo, it makes short work of dirty leather and it extremely easy to use. If you dress the leather with Ultima Interior Guard Plus after cleaning, future cleaning will be a breeze. My 2 cents.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies. I told the client that I would get something special for his Range Rover interior so I will follow this thread and make a decision in a few days. We have the Corvette paint correction to get done for him first so I have a little lead time on this. Thanks again, TD