autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meg Twins vs. Menz SIP/106FA

I'm looking to add a few polishes to my arsenal as I currently only have some Meguiars polishes that are better suited for single stage paint. I'm torn between the Meg twins and Menz SIP & 106FA. I see good things said about both combinations but I haven't seen a comparision between the two, so which is the prefered combination and why?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg Twins vs. Menz SIP/106FA

I think that Meg Twins are a perfect combo. But I find that M105 is a pain to use. I haven't tried Menz pair yet but it's on my list. I'm planning on trying out the Optimum spray polisher as people that have used that have nothing but good things to say.
    CORN FED STI

Post Thanks / Like

M105/M205 will cover a broader range. SIP/106FA will cover from medium(tad more) to light paint corection.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    M105/M205 will cover a broader range. SIP/106FA will cover from medium(tad more) to light paint corection.
    I'm assuming you've used all of these products. Which would you say is easier to use and which have more tendency to cause dusting?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pristine Image View Post
    I'm assuming you've used all of these products. Which would you say is easier to use and which have more tendency to cause dusting?
    M105 dusts noticeably more than M205, SIP, and 106FA. The latter 3 don't really dust, IME. M105 is not the most user friendly compound, while M205 is easy to use. SIP/106FA are easy to use.

M105= heavy compund
    M205= light polish

SIP= medium polish
    106FA = light polish
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

This

Post Thanks / Like

M105 dusts noticeably more than M205, SIP, and 106FA. The latter 3 don't really dust, IME. M105 is not the most user friendly compound, while M205 is easy to use. SIP/106FA are easy to use.

M105= heavy compund
    M205= light polish

SIP= medium polish
    106FA = light polish

I think 205 can be a little more useful then just a light polish, depending on your pad setup.

My opinions (105 discussions can be heated!!) As far as 105, I never liked it with my flex. Tried it recently with a rotary and it was much easier to use. Still dusts like a demon. As far as correction ability though, hands down it is the fastest to cut serious defects of the four polishes. All depends on what you are working on.

If I was working on cars for a living, I would choose 105/205 (yes, dust and all) with menz 85rd as a final jeweling step.
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mchess1 View Post
    If I was working on cars for a living, I would choose 105/205 (yes, dust and all) with menz 85rd as a final jeweling step.
    There's the thing, I envision detailing only one or two cars per weekend as a part-time type thing (in the process of starting up the business). It'll never become a main source of income because I think that will be what takes out the element of fun and stress-relief for me.

As of now I'm leaning towards the Menzerna products. From what I've read SIP & 106FA have longer work times but that's not much of an issue to me, or at least it hasn't been yet. Also, I don't expect to be doing any paint correction on severely neglected/swirled cars. Worst case if I do get one beyond SIP's ability, I'll just have to do two passes with SIP or just order 105 then.

I guess I want to branch out from Meguiar's polishes and try something new.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pristine Image View Post
    There's the thing, I envision detailing only one or two cars per weekend as a part-time type thing (in the process of starting up the business). It'll never become a main source of income because I think that will be what takes out the element of fun and stress-relief for me.

As of now I'm leaning towards the Menzerna products. From what I've read SIP & 106FA have longer work times but that's not much of an issue to me, or at least it hasn't been yet. Also, I don't expect to be doing any paint correction on severely neglected/swirled cars. Worst case if I do get one beyond SIP's ability, I'll just have to do two passes with SIP or just order 105 then.

I guess I want to branch out from Meguiar's polishes and try something new.
    If you're using a DA, go with the Wolfgang Twins(made by Menzerna). They're basically the same thing as SIP/106FA, except they're best used with a DA. While SIP/106FA can be used with a DA, they're more efficient with a rotary.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

SIP and 085rd has always worked for me ... plus 085rd finishes down better than 205 IMO. All are nice products but I still come back to Menzerna for polishes.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast