autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Klasse AIO and PBs Glaze....what am I doing wrong

Ive applied both with a PC at low speeds and a gray LC pad and it still leaves spots that are even with the rest of the coat but its as if you have to scrub the paint to get the residue off. I tried a LC CCS green (not the harsher one) and it did the same thing. Do I have to apply these with finishing pads? If so, doesnt that defeat some of the purpose of what the products are supposed to be doing as the PBs does take out some defects I have found.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse AIO and PBs Glaze....what am I doing wrong

Pics of the problem? Are the spots tiny little pin points? If so it may be that some product is getting stuck into the little divots caused by solvent popping.

If that's not the case, is it just that the product is hard to wipe off? If so, Klasse AIO is a WOWO (wipe on wipe off) product. Do not let it dry or haze. With PB's, you mean Blackhole glaze? That stuff can be left to haze, but it's WOWO too and IME not difficult to remove the residue.

Nether of these products should be relied on for swirl correction, the Blackhole is a filler glaze and just hides the light swirls and Klasse AIO is a pre-wax chemical cleaner that leaves some protection behind. Neither is an abrasive polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Partly disagree on the PBs as it states on the bottle it has some removal capabilities. I know on occasion on black vehicles Ive left a buffer trail and its gotten it out and I know its not hiding it. Its a nice wetting glaze but not worthy IMO of being called a true hiding glaze.

As for the AIO, I apply by PC then wipe right off. Im done now so no pics. Its as if you are wiping it off nicely and then boom you hit this rough patch and its as if you have to scrub it with the MF to get it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and PS - Thank you for the reply!!

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine the "rough spot" with Klasse to be a spot that was applied thinner and thus dried sooner than the rest. It's definitely an art form to work with.

I know the first thing in the description on the Black Hole bottle is "removes" and hides swirl marks. What I mean is the product does not have abrasives in it. I've removed swirls with Klasse AIO... I think it's just the abrasive action of the pad along with the chemical that does the correction, not that it has any real correcting ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Longhorn- View Post
    Partly disagree on the PBs as it states on the bottle it has some removal capabilities. I know on occasion on black vehicles Ive left a buffer trail and its gotten it out and I know its not hiding it. Its a nice wetting glaze but not worthy IMO of being called a true hiding glaze.

As for the AIO, I apply by PC then wipe right off. Im done now so no pics. Its as if you are wiping it off nicely and then boom you hit this rough patch and its as if you have to scrub it with the MF to get it off.
    I tend to agree with what is said here about the Black Hole. I have never had much luck with it as a filling glaze but it does make the paint look wet but so does EX-P. I bought a gallon of Black hole some time back and have given over 1/2 of it away. The other 1/2 will probably dry up on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I tend to agree with what is said here about the Black Hole. I have never had much luck with it as a filling glaze but it does make the paint look wet but so does EX-P. I bought a gallon of Black hole some time back and have given over 1/2 of it away. The other 1/2 will probably dry up on the shelf.
    Feel free to send it my way! My buddy's car loves it!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I like the stuff I just cant figure out why it acts like it does at times. I love polishing out a car and then hitting it with black hole and Pin Souv.