autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My first venture with the PC

So I recently took advantage of the PC deal here at AG that was part of the Poorboy's package. Got several PB products along with an orange pad, white and black pads. I also purchased Klasse AIO.
    My wife's Nissan Rogue was due for a detail and I recently got the urge to try out some of these advanced methods, hence the reason I'm here. It had been about a year since I last clayed and applied Rejex by hand to her Rogue. No other wax or sealant since.

So I did a 2 bucket wash, P21 on the wheels, got her all cleaned up.
    Next I clayed using a Mother's detailer as my lubricate.
    Then I had a decision to make. I had both SSR2.5 and SSR1 in the kit I bought along with the Klasse AIO so I decided to do a comparison on the hood. One section I did SSR1 on an orange pad followed up by AIO with white pad. Right next to it I did only AIO using a white pad. I decided not to bother with the 2.5 as the car really didn't have any bad swirl problem. Just tiny surface scratches. Anyway, I was surprised how good the AIO did on it's own. To the eye under light, I didn't notice any difference with the 2 step vs. the 1 step AIO with white pad. So I decided to save myself a bunch of time and did the whole car with AIO.
    Tomorrow I'll give it a quick detail before I apply Natty's blue paste.

So I was wondering if I should have noticed a difference with the 2 step process. Was I doing something wrong? I did notice that the AIO on the white pad did dust quite a bit. I was constantly taking my microfiber and wiping off dust everywhere. Was this a result of not using enough product or buffing too long?
    On a separate note, I want to use something to darken her wheel wells. Will the 303 spray work for that? I had bought that for the interior but wondered if it would work on the wheel wells.

So these were just a few of the questions I had after my first foray with the PC and these polishes. Thanks.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My first venture with the PC

Nobody? Please? Help a noob here.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have experience with Klasse or PB polishes, hopefully someone will chime in. The question about the 303, yes it will work. Make sure you clean them the best you can, then apply the 303. I prefer to wipe it on and after about 30 minutes I go over it with a microfiber dedicated to nasty jobs to remove any excess product.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply.
    I wanted to bump this up for an add'l question. I do not like the Optimum Tire Spray at all. Shine went away in like 2 hours.
    Any recommendation on a good tire gel or spray that is durable and provides a great shine?
    I'm thinking about the WG Tire Gel with applicator.

Post Thanks / Like

Two coats of WG gel will make your tires bling. Be sure to do a final wipe. If you are getting excessive dusting with AIO you may be over buffing. If you hate dusting like I do, try the new Optimum spray polish...no dusting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    I had both SSR2.5 and SSR1 in the kit I bought along with the Klasse AIO so I decided to do a comparison on the hood. One section I did SSR1 on an orange pad followed up by AIO with white pad. Right next to it I did only AIO using a white pad. I decided not to bother with the 2.5 as the car really didn't have any bad swirl problem. Just tiny surface scratches.

So I was wondering if I should have noticed a difference with the 2 step process. Was I doing something wrong? I did notice that the AIO on the white pad did dust quite a bit. I was constantly taking my microfiber and wiping off dust everywhere. Was this a result of not using enough product or buffing too long?
    On a separate note, I want to use something to darken her wheel wells. Will the 303 spray work for that? I had bought that for the interior but wondered if it would work on the wheel wells.
    To Autogeek!

Poorboy's and Klasse both make great products!

It sounds like the finish was in pretty good shape to begin with.

Side 1: SSR1 with finishing up with Klasse AIO
    Side 2: Klasse AIO white pad

What I see here is you finished up with Klasse AIO so the finial results should be similar. Klasse makes some great products and it doesn't surprise me that you found success using them.

303 Aerospace is a great product but in my opinion is more at home on the interior. I would look at something more durable that withstands the elements a bit better.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

"303 Aerospace is a great product but in my opinion is more at home on the interior. I would look at something more durable that withstands the elements a bit better. "
    Griots undercarriage spray would be more durable.