autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So i made an appointment for a detail!

not for my truck but my wifes mini van. theres a handwash and detail place by me and i took her car there for a wash.and saw them detailing a car. and they were useing nice products optimum poliseal and a blue foam pad and buffer. and the car looked great then the guy applyed a wax after that not sure what brand.but i asked what they charged for a full detail and he said 185 .. so im having it done next week. its a 2004 minivan and its a total mess and i dont have the time to do it or have strong enough chemicals anyway. i was pleasently surpirsed a 185.00 detail guy useing optimum ..so for me totaly worth the money..my wife cant wait !
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So i made an appointment for a detail!

Hopefully it still looks nice after you pull it out into the sun!
    Shawn
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FinalTouchAuto View Post
    Hopefully it still looks nice after you pull it out into the sun!
    well they use poli seal and they folow it up with a liquid wax. imnot looking for flawless paint correction its a minivan. and we just want a nice cleanup. these guys do a decent job for the money and the cars silver so it doesnt show many swirls . i like that they use optimum. products .
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Product used doesn't equal skill involved.

I've seen a lot of good product get thrown on with a rotary in unskilled hands and produce horrendous holograms.

This certainly isn't the case everywhere, and I hope that you get your money's worth from the job done!
    Shawn
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=FinalTouchAuto;348886]Product used doesn't equal skill involved.

I've seen a lot of good product get thrown on with a rotary in unskilled hands and produce horrendous holograms.

This certainly isn't the case everywhere, and I hope that you get your money's worth from the job done![/QUOTe
    i agree its manly just a good wash polish wax and inside vac dress shampoo. its worth 185.00. it hasnt been detailed in years and needs it .

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tom! I think it is a great idea! You and Cindy are busy with the twins, your daughter, hospital visits, and Cindy's recovery. It's my guess that a clean, detailed car is an obsession (you are an AG member after all). So, a messy van can be a thorn in your side! You don't have extra time on your hands now. Detailing for the everyday vehicle is not a priority right now. Let the professionals give you a hand. It sounds like a decent price and I am sure you will like getting into a clean and fresh smelling vehicle. I am sure a couple of swirls are not a priority at this time. And, if they do a terrible job...you will have a good excuse to place a new AG order for new products! I always love shopping therapy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FinalTouchAuto View Post
    Product used doesn't equal skill involved.

This certainly isn't the case everywhere, and I hope that you get your money's worth from the job done!
    i wouldnt take a high end car to this place. i would do it or i would have one of you guys do it. but for a minivan its fine. do they use glazes and silicone products ? yes but my wife just manly wants the inside done good for our new babies to come home soon. the rugs are so bad my little bissel couldnt handle it . they need a true hot water extractor. so will see how they do . like i said i saw them detailing a car today and it looked decent.nice and glossy and i liked how when they were done polishing with poliseal they went over the entire car with a wax. instead of leaving it with just poliseal which they very well could have being that poliseal has a protectant in it .. they wax they used kinda looked like buttery wax . they appled it by hand and buffed off and it came off nice and easy .. so hopefully the van comes out nice ...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tom, Take some before and after pictures of the Mini Van.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxima Mom View Post
    Hi Tom! I think it is a great idea! You and Cindy are busy with the twins, your daughter, hospital visits, and Cindy's recovery. It's my guess that a clean, detailed car is an obsession (you are an AG member after all). So, a messy van can be a thorn in your side! You don't have extra time on your hands now. Detailing for the everyday vehicle is not a priority right now. Let the professionals give you a hand. It sounds like a decent price and I am sure you will like getting into a clean and fresh smelling vehicle. I am sure a couple of swirls are not a priority at this time. And, if they do a terrible job...you will have a good excuse to place a new AG order for new products! I always love shopping therapy!
    the cars they had detailed today and ready for pick up looked very nice. inside was clean and fresh looking and the exterior was glossy and clean. thats all my wife wants. its funny because the guy doing it didnt speak to much english but i was looking at all his chemical as hes was doing this car. he probably thought i was a bit noesy but i wanted to see what he was useing. and when i saw poliseal i was like cool!!! most detailers near me use alot of crap products dealership stuff so it was nice to see a good name product used. i toldmy wife and she couldnt careless about what brand lol. but i gave the seal of aprovel for the go ahead to detail her car.

Post Thanks / Like

I realize your time (and sleep) has been compromised lately. I hope this works out for you and the car comes out reasonably well or better. That's one less thing for you to deal with.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast