autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting Started - Product Questions

I have a '06 Acura RL-Silver with 8k miles and am considering getting the Pinnacle Souveran/Klasse kit. The kit does not include the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Does anyone recommend buyng the SG and applying it after the AIO and before the Souveran Paste Wax. With the color of my car (light silver), would you recommend the Souveran liquid? I do not have a PC and will be applying everything by hand. Does this change what products I should use? What product would you recommend to wash the car? Any and all help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I had a silver car, I tried some Souveran paste on it. It looked good, but I didn't notice enough of a difference from a lower-priced wax, say Natty's Blue, to justify the cost difference. On blacks and other dark colors, I find Souveran paste incredible and worth the extra money. Could've just been my particular shade of silver. It may look outstanding on your Acura.

You could go with SG or other sealant before topping with a carnauba. Your choice. A sealant will usually protect longer than a carnauba. Or you could stick to just a carnauba if you don't mind re-applying a coat every 4 - 6 weeks. SG will last a long time and provides a very reflective, almost hard candy-like shine. Just apply very thin if you go that route.

As for washing...lots of options. FWIW I use a foam gun and sea sponge with Meg's GC. Been working great for me.

Applying your mentioned products by hand is fine.

Hope some of this helps.
    Last edited by Sevenrd; 11-18-2006 at 01:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I also have and RL, mine is 05.
    Get Souveran-Wolfgang Kit. Wolfgang is one of the best sealants, much easier to work with then Klasse. If looking for a cheaper waxes - DP Max Wax, Poorboys Natty blue, or liquid Souveran would be my choices.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse AIO and Klasse SG make a bulletproof combo and good for many months of protection. Slightly glossy, but looks best topped with a good carnauba. You could easy piece meal the order and get Sig Series II versus Souveran and the difference would pay for the SG. Just remember that SG is very finicky to remove, so do a search and see how the best line of attack is. (hint small travel size spray bottle)

Scott