autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommend me an AIO please

Hi all,

I'm in the process of doing a full paint correction on my 2002 Hyundai Accent using a PC 7424XP, Optimum Hyper Compound and Optimum Polish II. Once that's complete I'd like to move on to some friends and family members cars since their finishes have been somewhat neglected over the years. Unfortunately doing a multi-step compound - polish - wax/sealant job will take me a long time and asking them to be without their cars for a lengthy period of time is simply impractical. I'd like to be able to do a wash - clay - swirl removal - wax/seal - clean glass - vacuum interior - dress interior/exterior vinyl, plastic, rubber in one 6-8 hour session.

Unfortunately doing a multi-step compound and polish with a PC with my limited experience (the Hyundai is the first time I've used a machine polisher) in a short amount of time is impossible. I'm looking for a product that will combine the compounding and polishing steps into one. These are all DDs so I'm not looking for a show car shine, but I would like to get rid of all of the swirls and surface scratches and leave the surface ready for a LSP with no step in between. So far the only product that I can think of that will give me the results in the time frame I'm looking for is Meg's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream. Are there any other products out there that I can potentially use?

Related question - I'd also need a wax/sealant that will last a long time. I've heard Collinite 845's durability is exceptional. Would this be a good choice?

Here's a list of cars I plan on working on:

2003 Chevrolet Malibu, silver
    1994 Nissan Pathfinder, beige
    200? Ford Escape, silver
    200? Mazda 3 sedan, black

Products I own that I plan on using:

Wash & Dry - Meg's Gold Class, two buckets, one Grit Guard, Meg's microfiber mitt, two waffle weave towels

Swirl Removal - Porter Cable 7424XP, 5.5" LC CCS orange pads (2) OR 5.5" LC CCS white pads (2)

Wax/Seal - Meg's NXT 2.0? Collinite 845? Something else? 5.5" LC CCS black pads (2)

Vinyl/Plastic/Rubber - Meg's #40 Vinyl/Rubber Conditioner, Meg's Ultimate Protectant (ordered, currently being shipped), Optimum Opti-Bond (ordered, currently being shipped)

Glass - Stoner Invisible Glass

Thanks all for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend me an AIO please

AIO's --- Optimum Polyseal, XMT360, Klasse AIO

Durability -- Klasse Twins

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRaizer View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for a product that will combine the compounding and polishing steps into one. These are all DDs so I'm not looking for a show car shine, but I would like to get rid of all of the swirls and surface scratches and leave the surface ready for a LSP with no step in between. So far the only product that I can think of that will give me the results in the time frame I'm looking for is Meg's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream. Are there any other products out there that I can potentially use?
    Last weekend I did my very first, AIO 1 step paint correction on a friends very neglected DD. I was truly impressed with the way DD151 and the PC 7424xp worked. It got out all the swirls, brought the shine back to the paint and left a protective layer that could probably last a good month or two. I topped it with Natty's blue liquid as part of my agreement with getting one of the free bottles. Review of both the correction and product is being written as we speak.

Related question - I'd also need a wax/sealant that will last a long time. I've heard Collinite 845's durability is exceptional. Would this be a good choice?
    Earlier this summer I tried 845 on out Silver Volvo S40, still looks great to this day. I don't think you could go wrong with this product. Might want to look into getting some of the DP Paint sealant. I haven't used it yet but got a bottle on my last order and just placed another order today since it's on BOGO ( I couldn't let it go).

Another wax you might want to look into is DP's Maxwax, it does a nice job, not to expensive (although with the last price increase it might be reaching the upper limit of what I'm whiling to spend (personal view only))

Post Thanks / Like

Poli-seal is awesome stuff. There really isn't any residue to remove but I like to buff of what's there with Optimum Car Wax. It's a killer look and it doesn't get much easier than this combo.

Post Thanks / Like

For a long lasting sealant, Ultima Paint Guard Plus lasts a long time, and I would assume Optimum Opti-Seal would as well. Both are really easy to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

I say Optimum Poli-Seal as a nice one-stepper but needs to be topped with something. Opti-Seal would be fast and easy to follow up with after Poli-Seal.

I've heard good things about D151 and XMT360 but never used them.

Killr recommended Klasse AIO but it's not gonna correct anything unless you use a Flex DA or something with serious power, even then there is no abrasives in K-AIO so you're limited to chemical cleaning. Matter of fact, killr the Klasse Twins have no place for this situation.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRaizer View Post
    I've heard good things about D151
    As I posted above, this is some awesome stuff. I was very impressed as was the owner of the car after using it. Mini show and shine review coming soon.

Post Thanks / Like

If you come to a car that is in pretty good shape, Optiseal would be a good choice. If the car could use a decent amount of paint correction I would go with D151.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Klasse AIO with a white pad and I'm really impressed with the results of this one step product.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

People keep saying opti-seal...lol

poli-seal is the AIO. Opti-seal is a sealant....just helping stoneraizer not be confused.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast