autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars UP or Klasse All-In-One?

I have a full bottle of Meguiars UP at home that works well. I was going to purchase a bottle of the Klasse High-Gloss Sealant Glaze but I also saw there is a Sealant/Polish combination. My question is this:

Should I pick up the sealant only since I have the bottle of UP or should I just grab a bottle of the all-in-one and switch over to that going forward?

I am asking because I know the Klasse lasts a while (supply wise) but I am also looking for something long lasting so I wasnt sure if the combo or seperate products would work better. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars UP or Klasse All-In-One?

Klasse AIO is non abrasive so it really doesn't remove fine scratches. I have always assumed that it just fills in some of the defects while chemically removing oxidation giving a excellent shine.

I use it on my white truck which is very forgiving as far as fine scratches are concerned. You really have to look close to see defects compared to darker colors. I use both Klasse products on my white truck and get good results.

I really think you would get a finer finish using the Ultimate Polish first and then applying the Klasse SG for protection and shine.

I use these products but am not an expert on how they work chemically but using a fine abrasive polish first would be best in my opinion.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I would lean more towards the UP and then the Sealant. what part of Indiana are you from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhw48 View Post
    Klasse AIO is non abrasive so it really doesn't remove fine scratches. I have always assumed that it just fills in some of the defects while chemically removing oxidation giving a excellent shine.

I use it on my white truck which is very forgiving as far as fine scratches are concerned. You really have to look close to see defects compared to darker colors. I use both Klasse products on my white truck and get good results.

I really think you would get a finer finish using the Ultimate Polish first and then applying the Klasse SG for protection and shine.

I use these products but am not an expert on how they work chemically but using a fine abrasive polish first would be best in my opinion.

What he said ... I use the Klasse twins on my SS red Suzuki also with good results. So far the combination of KSG and Megs UQW is impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miad View Post
    yeah I would lean more towards the UP and then the Sealant. what part of Indiana are you from?
    Pittsboro, west side of Indy.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say both.

The UP will do the correction work you want to accomplish. KAIO is a non-abrasive pain cleaner as has already been mentioned. It's also a good base for the Klasse SG to bond.

Whenever I use Klasse SG, I alway make sure I use AIO after polishing or claying to ensure there is a clean surface for the SG.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOak82 View Post
    Pittsboro, west side of Indy.
    Cool, I'm in Anderson so not far at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I would say both.

The UP will do the correction work you want to accomplish. KAIO is a non-abrasive pain cleaner as has already been mentioned. It's also a good base for the Klasse SG to bond.

Whenever I use Klasse SG, I alway make sure I use AIO after polishing or claying to ensure there is a clean surface for the SG.
    This is exactly how you should apply it. I did the same other than using M205 instead of UP. I maitained with sonus acrylics spritz and acrylic glanz. That got me 7 months easily when using KSG. I actually could have gone longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct the paint, to your satisfaction, with your choice of polish; if it's done with UP: so be it.

•Then for the LSP:
    -Klasse AIO and Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
    ("The Klasse Twins") are formulated to work together:
    K-AIO as the base; K-HGSG as the LSP.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti