autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

$200 to spend on Amazon.com...what to get?

I CANNOT decide what to get! Today is my 25th birthday and my dad gave me $200 to amazon.com. He usually gives me money to HD or Lowes, but this year I got amazon.com. I thought...great idea, now I can pretty much get whatever I want, instead of being limited to tools!

No, bad idea...because now I can't decide! I'm setting up my own "private" detailing business and am doing details on the side to save money and to hopefully go "professional" next summer. I've got a lot of bills to take care of, I want enough equipment to detail with and plenty of supplies.

I'm stuck right now. I want to get this:

Amazon.com: Vacmaster VWM510 Wall Mount Wet/Dry Vacuum Powered by Industrial 2-Stage Motor with Remote Control, 5…

But, I have a vacuum already. But, it's only a small Craftsman vacuum. I'm loving the wall mount feature and the remote control option! But, I'm wondering if I REALLY need those options. My main reason for upgrading is to get the wet vacuum part. I don't have enough money to get an extractor, so a wet vac would do me just fine.

But then, I'm stuck with the idea of getting a metro vac. Great vacuum with the awesome blower option. After reading reviews, it's better to get the metro vac for blowing than other options, but then again...it's not a wet vac and it costs more.

I also want a Gilmour FoamMaster Gun. But, my water pressure sucks where I live, so I'm saving up for a pressure washer and the snow foam cannon anyways.

Decisions, decisions. I can't decide! If I had just gotten a HD card like usual, I would have already picked up the Ridgid WD1670 that so many recommend. But, I'm limited to amazon.com and they sell it for almost double the price!

Suggestions? What would YOU do.

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $200 to spend on Amazon.com...what to get?

I bought an exhaust on my truck with a gift card my sister gave me for my b-day lol it helped a little bit but thats my only amazon experience
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Post Thanks / Like

buy things from ag through amazon.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

any Metro offerings ?? Buffers ??

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

You can get some great buys of Mother's products through Amazon.com: e.g., Reflections Wax, FX Tire Shine, etc. And you don't have to pay for shipping if it's part of an order over $25.

Post Thanks / Like

Think outside the (detailing) box.

How about a good DVD recorder?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't think outside the detailing box, haha. But, I kind of did. I got the vacmaster wet/dry vac w/remote and blower...and an Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker!

I'd probably never upgrade my vacuum and I really want the wet capabilities and the blower option. The wall-mounting is useless right now since I rent and will be moving at the end of this year. The remote should be awesome though. Expect a good review out of this thing.

And, I eat ice cream...........just about every day. I'm actually eating it right now. I love ice cream to death. I should weigh a few 100lbs. Sadly, I'm stuck at 170ish with soaking clothes. I need a lot of things, but I'd probably never go buy an ice cream maker. My mom had one when we were kids and I blew it up and got yelled at constantly for making ice cream by myself................for myself. Haha. No joke, I am addicted to ice cream.

I don't watch much TV or burn DVD's (my dad does, so I get freebies anyways). There's not much I do outside of detailing. Strange...but...I love cleaning people's cars. I've just gotta stop doing it for free.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh...and I did look into getting stuff from AG...but, I pretty much decided on what gave me free shipping. I wasn't going to get the VacMaster at first. They were selling it for $133, while Sears sells it for $119. Add tax to Sears and it was a couple bucks cheaper. However, they dropped the price to $127, which is cheaper than adding tax and gas money. I don't get it now...but, I can wait. I only have basic details lined up and I'm on vacation this week! WOO!

Post Thanks / Like

A gift to me would be nice
    John
    Mean people suck