autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Preparing for winter - paint protection

What product should I use to best protect my 2007 Black Grand Cherokee for winter driving (only time it is driven). I get a lot of sand and salt and rail dust on the vehicle over the winter. I live in Northern Michigan. I have already clayed it and have one coat of Klasse All in One and 2 coats of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze on it. What would be the best to top it with. I have a choice of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, or Wolfgang Deep Glass Paint Sealant 3.0. I've heard that some use the Wolfgang on top of the Klasse combo and am just wondering what would be the best for my situation. I'm looking for the best shine and protection out of these two products. Thanks for any help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preparing for winter - paint protection

Sounds like you are already well protected! From what I have heard, your Klasse combination is one of the most durable around. I can't imagine that Liquid Souveran or WGDGPS would add anything to durability; indeed, it might compromise it. Why not go with one or two more coats of Klasse Sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Like akimel has said; you have a pretty good head start on winter all ready. Basically, any product that provides long term protection is great, the longer the better. I always put on a good coat or two of sealant following the manufactures instructions. I follow this with two coats of wax protection and I use Collinite 845.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Like akimel has said; you have a pretty good head start on winter all ready. Basically, any product that provides long term protection is great, the longer the better. I always put on a good coat or two of sealant following the manufactures instructions. I follow this with two coats of wax protection and I use Collinite 845.

Post Thanks / Like

what i do is use one of my highend waxes not from a/g sorry. but anyway i apply 2 coats of that for the winter. then mid winter if we have a warm up i yopup with another coat.. of my carnuaba.. works nice for me ...
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by BobbyG

Being also from Michigan. Those northern counties do like the sand/salt mix. I guess its just cheaper.

You have a good base, the only thing I would do different is use a couple of coats of Collinite 476 (very light) anything that is going to be expose to the sand, salt, snow and slush gets coated, etc. Collinite Waxes are called the Michigan Wax by us northerner's. Depending on your wash routine, the formula should get you to March or April next year or beyond. 845 and 476 are just each of our personal preferences. Once you have used it, it will become a favorite.

I hate to see the Winter prep discussion that pops up about this time each year. Reminds all of us what's coming. Well I guess it comes with age.