autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tire Dressing Comparison

Well I can't decide what's the best tire dressing to go with for a detailing business. Would need to be affordable in bulk, and I want something that will last.

With that said, I just applied Megs Insane shine on my passanger side tires, and AA Tire Foam on my driver side. I've used an older version of AA tire foam in the past with nice results, and currently use AA Extreme Tire Gel with excellent results. I've heard good things of Megs insane shine, but it's fairly expensive, and the AA foam was just about $3.00 a can while insane was $6.67.

Added note, even though AA foam and Megs insane shine are in the exact same sized aersol can, AA foam contains 20 oz's of product, while Megs insane shine only contained 15 oz. Weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the AA is working for you, I would go with that. Justin uses it and we all know he is an awesome detailer. Definitely don't go for the Meg's unless you see the difference to pay double for it. PLUS, it only lasts a few days. Meg's insane shine is REALLY shiny for the first day, but I don't like it because it is gone in like 2-3 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't like Megs at all I went back to the old AA foam.......Much better use it on wheels and wheel wells and engine..........Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying AA Foam since it's about half the cost of the AA gel and it's very quick to apply.

Forever black is out of the question.

I really want to try the hyper dressing and silicone free dressings from Megs, however, I don't want to pay for a gallon and then not like it at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Meg's Insane Shine, and hate it. After a coating it just doesn't have that deep, black shine to it that a good gel or waterbased dressing has. More so it looks almost like an epoxy coating on the tire lol, didn't looks good on my suv's a/t tire sidewalls. Plus I hated the aersol spray, seemed to go everywhere from the wind including the tire. And it didn't dry hard, causing it to stay kinda gummy and attract dirt like a mofo.

I have AA Extreme Tire Gel as well and love it, decent durablity even in rain and nice looks. I also like Poorboys Bold and Bright, another excellent waterbased dressing. There's a lot of choices.
    Last edited by Surfer; 11-08-2006 at 08:14 PM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    I have Meg's Insane Shine, and hate it. After a coating it just doesn't have that deep, black shine to it that a good gel or waterbased dressing has. More so it looks almost like an epoxy coating on the tire lol, didn't looks good on my suv's a/t tire sidewalls. Plus I hated the aersol spray, seemed to go everywhere from the wind including the tire. And it didn't dry hard, causing it to stay kinda gummy and attract dirt like a mofo.

I have AA Extreme Tire Gel as well and love it, decent durablity even in rain and nice looks. I also like Poorboys Bold and Bright, another excellent waterbased dressing. There's a lot of choices.
    Seems like AA Gel is a good choice after all. I like it because it seems like the bottle lasts forever. Something I need for multiple cars a week and it's at a decent price

Post Thanks / Like
    Hyper dressing, Armor All gel for bulk detailing.
    Pinnacle Black Onyx for my own car.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's been 5 days and have had rain/mist for the last 2 days. Driven in the rain about an hour total in those 2 days.

I immediately noticed that Megs Insane shine is more of a topping and is literally layered on the tire for a nice shine. AA Foam really dug into the rubber and absorbed it.

5 days later the shine is relatively similiar. However the durabilty of the foam looks very good where as with Megs insane shine, I can rub my finger across the tire and spread the dressing around. The tire didnt absorb it near as well as the foam.

Round 1: Winner AA Tire Foam by landslide when figuring price durability, and product amount.

Going to compare AA Gel next which I've used for months. Any other dressings that people are curious with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review!!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast