autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Brand new Pearl White 2011 Hyundai Sonata

Hey guys...just picked up my brand new Sonata Limited. This is the first white car I've owned. I've read from some that this color is best with only a sealant on it, as the caranuba tends to dull the shine?

What's the general consensus on this?

I've used Klasse AIO in the past and am leaning towards this product and the Klasse sealant as well. Opinions?

2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan w/Premium & Technology Package

2012 VW Jetta TDI Premium w/DSG & Nav

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new Pearl White 2011 Hyundai Sonata

It's amazing how good cars are looking now-of-days. I remember when Hyundai and Kia were a complete joke, and now they're real contenders. Hyundai makes some of the best cars out there, and I am not asking for opinions, I'm telling you they do

That's an awesome looking car, I, too, have a white car and whoever told you about the carnauba dulling the shine must have been mistaken...I use a combination of DP Poli-Coat topped with Signature Series II and it looks fantastic on my car. Regular washes keep the shine up and it looks amazing with some added Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax (compliments of Tad )
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver

Post Thanks / Like

The only white car I've worked on in quite a while is a single stage Toyota. And I used Fusion on it. Since this is a very "plain" white finish even the Fusion has a tough time making it look like anything other than a shiny washing machine. But it did make it look better than the NXT that I tried first.

4. Thanks mbkite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, congratulations on you new vehicle. BTW, I saw a report on the new Hyundai multi stage paint process ( Hyundai has some of the best paint practices that rival vehicles 2 to 3 times the cost). Second, I find a sealant provides a nice finish on white, but I do not think a carnuba based wax would dull the finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai's are indeed very, very nice cars now. Guy at work got a Genesis coupe a few months back. 2.0T, R package (I think? Brembos, stripped down a bit, maybe its called Track package?) really nice to be honest. Annoys the hell out of the Honda guys there too.

Wouldn't mind having one myself to fling around at AutoX days.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! This is my first Hyundai and I used to own an Acura MDX, in addition to some other nice cars. Let me tell you, that this Hyundai continues to impress me with build quality. The paint process on this car is supposedly the bench mark for years to come.

Thanks on the inputs about the carnuba waxes not dulling the finish. Does anybody have any experience about the Klasse combo? For some reason, I want to stick with the same brand. Not sure if it's a piece of mind thing, or what.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Hyundai's are indeed very, very nice cars now. Guy at work got a Genesis coupe a few months back. 2.0T, R package (I think? Brembos, stripped down a bit, maybe its called Track package?) really nice to be honest. Annoys the hell out of the Honda guys there too.

Wouldn't mind having one myself to fling around at AutoX days.
    They are coming out with a 2.0T Sonata here in the next few months...and still allegedly gets 34mpg on the highway. Haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Philth View Post
    Thanks guys! This is my first Hyundai and I used to own an Acura MDX, in addition to some other nice cars. Let me tell you, that this Hyundai continues to impress me with build quality. The paint process on this car is supposedly the bench mark for years to come.

Thanks on the inputs about the carnuba waxes not dulling the finish. Does anybody have any experience about the Klasse combo? For some reason, I want to stick with the same brand. Not sure if it's a piece of mind thing, or what.
    I don't have much experience with SG (my first and only experience with it was it's an absolute bear to remove if you follow the instructions) but Klasse AIO is a very good product. Use it on my wife's DD. She's got a 50 mile commute to work and it's parked outside 24/7 so it gets everything known to man thrown at it. I last applied in Feb., still beads and sheets water like it did the first wash. Remember it's wet on, wet off. Put a dime size dab on your applicator, do a 2x2 section, wipe it off, buff it to a high shine with a clean MF. Works great on coated wheels, plastics, glass, so on and so forth.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice car, when we were in Indy we rented one for the trip. Hyundai has really stepped up their game with the Sonata. As for making her shine... on white you can't go wrong with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Very nice car, when we were in Indy we rented one for the trip. Hyundai has really stepped up their game with the Sonata. As for making her shine... on white you can't go wrong with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran!
    Thanks! As for the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, do I put anything under it, or just use that by itself. I like how it was saying that it's made for high heat, high humidity areas because I definately live in one of these climates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast