autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sealant/Wax suggestion vs. this color!

Alright I finally give up. I have tried many different combinations on this paint for that wet/pop/wow factor and cant seem to find a good choice. Closet I have gotten is WGDGPS topped with Nattys Blue. Which is what is on in the picture below. Now I now Wolfgang might be best but I need something that can be applied for the not able to wait 12-24 hours to cure times. As in the morning before a show etc.

So far I have tried...

Supernatural
    BFWD
    Nattys Blue
    Nattys Red
    Concourse 50/50
    Pinn. LS
    PB EX-P
    Auto. HD

This color is such an off color, anyone have a suggestion on a wax or sealant that would look best on this color/hue?

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant/Wax suggestion vs. this color!

I hate the product, but jetseal can be topped in a short time.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Duragloss 501, then DG601 and WGDGPS. The 601 flash cures whatever sealant you mix it with. Then top with AG HD, Victoria Mayhem, or even one of my favorites - Pinnacle Signature Series II. Everything I keep reading about Duragloss though, seems like 501/601/105 produces a nice wet look and is very durable.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    I hate the product, but jetseal can be topped in a short time.
    Friend of mine has Jetseal and I have never been impressed with any paint that has been on. Its a great wheel sealant though.

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Try Duragloss 501, then DG601 and WGDGPS. The 601 flash cures whatever sealant you mix it with. Then top with AG HD, Victoria Mayhem, or even one of my favorites - Pinnacle Signature Series II. Everything I keep reading about Duragloss though, seems like 501/601/105 produces a nice wet look and is very durable.
    Tried some of those listed. But I am looking for someone who has waxed/sealed a car close to this color that got that wet/wow/pop look. WGDGPS seems to be the closet and AG HD did not look that great on this color.

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm ... you have already tried some of the top waxes and sealants available ... maybe you have hit the protectant ceiling and will never see a significant improvement, no matter what you apply to the car.

I have tried numerous waxes on my black S2000--Souveran, Fuzion, Vintage, Best of Show, BFWD, Midnight Sun--and while I think I may have seen subtle differences, the differences are so subtle I suspect they more in my head than on the paint. I do know, however, that the biggest improvements in my car's finish have come from polishing, not from waxes.

I'm not sure I understand why the 12+ hour cure time is a problem for you. There is no reason, e.g., why you could not apply Fuzion (or any other wax or sealant) the morning before a show. And if you think you need two coats, then apply the first the day before and the second the next morning.

I certainly don't want to discourage a person from spending more money on waxes, but I've been down that road, looking for that "special" look, and I'm convinced it's a dead-end. But if you have the money and really want to try out one more wax, then I suggest, spend the bucks on a tub of Fuzion. If Fuzion doesn't cut it, nothing will. But it may be that you'd be better served by investing in a bottle of Menzerna PO85RD and spending a few hours jeweling your car's paint.

By the way, your car looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

My thought for that color either Four Star UPP or DoDo Hard Candy
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    Ummm ... you have already tried some of the top waxes and sealants available ... maybe you have hit the protectant ceiling and will never see a significant improvement, no matter what you apply to the car.

I have tried numerous waxes on my black S2000--Souveran, Fuzion, Vintage, Best of Show, BFWD, Midnight Sun--and while I think I may have seen subtle differences, the differences are so subtle I suspect they more in my head than on the paint. I do know, however, that the biggest improvements in my car's finish have come from polishing, not from waxes.

I'm not sure I understand why the 12+ hour cure time is a problem for you. There is no reason, e.g., why you could not apply Fuzion (or any other wax or sealant) the morning before a show. And if you think you need two coats, then apply the first the day before and the second the next morning.

I certainly don't want to discourage a person from spending more money on waxes, but I've been down that road, looking for that "special" look, and I'm convinced it's a dead-end. But if you have the money and really want to try out one more wax, then I suggest, spend the bucks on a tub of Fuzion. If Fuzion doesn't cut it, nothing will. But it may be that you'd be better served by investing in a bottle of Menzerna PO85RD and spending a few hours jeweling your car's paint.

By the way, your car looks great!
    Yeah I agree the protectant cailing has been hit on the the car. Its just after all those hours of buffing and polishing I want the LSP to make the paint pop. My problem I just cant find that sealant or wax that goes best with this color. Since most waxes are preferred to a certain color or hue, this one seems to be in the gray area. But yeah Fuzion is the only one I have not tried. I probably should get some of that soon.

Also I have no problem applying WG the day before but not all times it happens that way. So I am just trying to find that good waxes for times when it has to be done a few hours before a show. That and for future customer cars I might have that are in that gray area for the best suited wax/sealant to make the vehicle stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by HighEndDetail View Post
    Thanks! Will look into one of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Have any #16? UPP topped w/#16 is a great combo for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HighEndDetail View Post
    or both together, the sealant the night before and quick waxing at show or in the early morning.

Have you also considering jeweling the paint first for extra gloss and reflection, a sealant and wax can only do so much ??

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    or both together, the sealant the night before and quick waxing at show or in the early morning.

Have you also considering jeweling the paint first for extra gloss and reflection, a sealant and wax can only do so much ??
    Yep generally if I can get the time, I will wash, clay if needed and then jewel it with Super Finish w/ LC Gold Pad. Then seal and wax.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast