autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My new Tornador Air foamer HP

I just received my Tornador Air Foamer HP in the mail and took it out today to try it...it really doesn't have very good instructions...I mean, I set the Air Compressor not to exceed 110psi ...but I'm not sure of the ratio of soap and water? I just guess 2 oz of shampoo and filled the plastic to the top...Now, what is that brass colored dial ...it said MAX with an arrow? is that to produce more foam? or less?
    Plus, I ran out of foam for the back half of the car...did I use to much? I know in this video, my son does point the gun in the same spot and made a mountain of foam on the hood.!!! It was fun!!!! any help??? or instructions for use? the paper I received was for using the Tornador with an Enzyme cleaner.. No help with basic shampoo and car wash? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNZ7ze1x3rA]YouTube - Tornador Air Foamer[/video]

thanks Ladyvalea I think this Tornador will work well for the Mini cooper using just one plastic jar of shampoo!!! no refill for the shorter car!!!
    You had me at Yellow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new Tornador Air foamer HP

Well, I don't know the answer to your question, but you look like you're having lots of fun at any rate.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, that's not going to do much for what you are using it for in the video. You would be better off with a foam gun or cannon which are used for that purpose...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    IMO, that's not going to do much for what you are using it for in the video. You would be better off with a foam gun or cannon which are used for that purpose...
    I agree that you would probably be happier with a Foam Cannon HP. Even though the product description shows the Tornador being used for washing, it seems a little out of place to me. Did you get it from AG? I'm sure they will help you out no problem.

For reference, here's a video of me using the Foam Cannon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZaQlVeYYE]YouTube - Autogeek Foam Cannon HP w/ DP Xtreme Foam Formula[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-nrssnw0JM]YouTube - AG Foam Cannon HP and DoDo Yeti's Fist[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, but I don't have a pressure washer....just a Dewalt Air Compressor!! I like the Snow Gun, I want to put that foam in a bucket and play in it!!!
    You had me at Yellow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the mountain of foam you can make looks sweet! It took me a couple uses of the Foam cannon to get it down to a favorable process, I'm sure it's the same for the Tornador. Once you find the settings and soap concentration that you like, using it will be a breeze... a very foamy breeze.

If you end up finding a process that gives drastically better results be sure to post another video!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyvalea View Post
    Yep, but I don't have a pressure washer....
    in that case, get a foam gun (attaches to a garden hose). you can use it as a pre-soak and while you wash...

How to Detailing Video - Foam Gun

the problem with what you are using is that there is no water/weight in the foam/soap solution to help loosen and make the dirt run down. i could see using that for more on the carpets/floormats...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    in that case, get a foam gun (attaches to a garden hose). you can use it as a pre-soak and while you wash...

How to Detailing Video - Foam Gun

the problem with what you are using is that there is no water/weight in the foam/soap solution to help loosen and make the dirt run down. i could see using that for more on the carpets/floormats...
    Yea, your right about the water/weight...but is it ok that I let the Super Foam stick to the side of the car a couple minutes to soak up the dirt? or agitate the foam with a wookie? do i still risk swirls with the Tornador? Now, I'm not sure if I should return it for a more watery foam? my foam I made is super thick! yea, like shaving cream...
    You had me at Yellow!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyvalea View Post
    Yea, your right about the water/weight...but is it ok that I let the Super Foam stick to the side of the car a couple minutes to soak up the dirt? or agitate the foam with a wookie? do i still risk swirls with the Tornador? Now, I'm not sure if I should return it for a more watery foam? my foam I made is super thick! yea, like shaving cream...

The idea behind the foam is that it will dwell on the paint surface and theoretically the cleaning agents in the soap can then go to work dissolving, loosening, emulsifying the road grime and dirt so then you can spray it off with a strong blast of water.

By doing this, (foam that dwells, strong blast of water), you reduce the potential for inducing swirls or scratches into the paint by removing the offending particulates BEFORE you touch the paint with any kind or type of washing mitt, sponge or brush.

Make sense?

Plus it looks really cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon or foam gun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than that

Return that and get a foam gun in place of a foam cannon since u don't have a pressure washer.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast