autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Brown method and ONR mist?

Dear fellow detailers,

Please note that:
    1) I'm not pretending this will improve the KB method
    2) I'm not a pro

This is a simple question. While testing the KB method, after the typical 3-drops + pressure step, I found that spraying a tiny bit of diluted ONR on the panel to keep working it without pressure improved the finish, reduced the micro-marring and dust.

Am I hallucinating? Has anybody tried this? Would simple water give the exact same behavior or if the ONR lubricant gives a little plus?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kevin Brown method and ONR mist?

I have found that doing the last couple section pass' with light to no pressure will improve the results as well. If you need a light spritz of water, pad lube or ONR to keep the polish from drying, so be it, just don't get it too wet or you'll have quite a mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried using ONR to lubricate 105, only water. My concern with ONR is that is has some polymers in it so you would cut the effectiveness (pun intended) of the 105 I would think. 105 will finish down quite nicely given the proper procedure.

Post Thanks / Like

I remembered this quote of Mike's from the thread http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...05-differ.html after reading Richy's reply. Good point Richy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    ...My personal take on it is this, I like how M105 cuts and finishes out but it needs a longer working time, or play time. It becomes to dry too fast for my personal preference and as such I'll usually use a wetting agent with it when using a wool pad with a rotary buffer. The recommended wetting agent is M34 because it's a Body Shop Safe spray detailer meaning it doesn't have a lot of the extra ingredients you'll find in Consumer style spray detailers that put more focus on gloss and slickness. It's these extra ingredients that can affect the performance of the compound so stick with a more virgin spray detailer if you're going to use a wetting agent for M105. I'll even use plain water if that's all that's available to me on location.

I would have to revisit M95 again to post for certain, but if memory serves me correctly it seemed to have a longer working time, also called buffing cycle or play time.