autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QD's

Post Thanks / Like

QD's

Hello AG,
    I had a question about QD's. I have a SUV and am looking for a good QD (reaching the roof of that thing is a pain). BTW I live in S. Fla so I want something that can stand up to the heat and sun. I have been looking at PB S&G, PB S&W and DP 4-n-1 and wonder what the consensus is out there. Maybe someone has a favorite QD in another brand that they cannot live without? FYI my SUV stays outside. (no garage ) So I wonder if all you out there on the AG forums can give me some 411 on these QD's ASAP. TIA.
    TTFN

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh PS
    Congrats DS Detailer on the new ride! Don't you just love that new car smell.
    YUMMY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I really enjoying using clearkote's quikshine. Autogeek will soon be carrying the line to boot! I do have a gallon of S&G siting in the garage waiting for my QS to run out though... when I break that open ill letcha know how that goes in comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    cool! thanks. :-D

Post Thanks / Like
    I like PB S&W when Im a little dirtier then just daily dust. DP's Waterless wash is OK as well but can streak and is not good on all surfaces. DP's 4 in 1 seems to work real well also, but I have not used it as much as PB S&W.

For just a daily dusting I use a different QD that is not sold by AG.

Post Thanks / Like
    dont be afraid of saying what you use lol.... it's not like the wrath of god will strike you down if you use a product AG doesnt carry. heck, if many people use a certain product/line, maybe that will entice AG to carry it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I respect the owner of the site so I didnt want to cause any problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMOB
    I like PB S&W when Im a little dirtier then just daily dust. DP's Waterless wash is OK as well but can streak and is not good on all surfaces. DP's 4 in 1 seems to work real well also, but I have not used it as much as PB S&W.

For just a daily dusting I use a different QD that is not sold by AG.
    LynchMOB, Did you use the DP 4 in 1 as a QD mixed at 2:32? If so what did you think of it?, and how did you use it?, after a wash or for light cleanup? I used it yesterday after washing and I am undecided about whether I will continue to use it as a QD. It left a nice glossy and somewhat deep finish to my silver car but I was expecting it to leave a slick finish also. I added another 1/2 oz. of the DP 4 in 1 to my spray bottle and I will test it out a few more times and come to a conclusion on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I used 4in1 as a QD mixed at about 2oz/24oz water. I have only used it once briefly to wipe down pretty clean paint before and after claying. I think I used it later to clean my wheels. I like it better then DP waterless wash because it doesnt seem to streak, but I dont think I like it better then PB S&W. I really have not used it enough to get an opinion either way. I really bought the 4in1 to use as a rinsless wash, which I have not tried yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. Is there any reason why you mixed it up at 2:24? I believe on the bottle it says to dillute it at 2-2.5:32 for a QD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.