autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

LSP list for my customers

Hey everyone! I thought I would post my list of LSP's based on particular detailing packages, to see what everyone thinks.

Suggestions are definately appreciated - haven't quite finalized the website.

a) Package for Daily Drivers - Klasse Sealant Glaze
    Note: this is used for the sake of durability and the idea that they will not have me work on their car more than twice per year

b) Package for (Luxury) Daily Drivers - Wolfgang D.G. Paint Sealant + P21S Concours-Look Carnauba
    Note: this is used for the sake of durability, but without sacrificing carnauba look - also based on assumption that they would see me again every 3-4 months

c) Package for (Luxury) Weekend-Only Vehicles - Pinnacle Souveran - (2) coats
    Note: this is based soley on the "look" of the vehicle - I have seen many car show vehicles (like Ralph Lauren's SSK) topped in this, and it seems to look as good as anything else, but at a reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LSP list for my customers

For the DD wax i would use something you can buy pretty cheap in a gallon. Something like Megs Detailer Line. You can apply it with your DA pretty quickly and wipe it off.

for the second package make sure you add an extra few for topping the wax because you will have to wait at least 8 hours after the sealant it applied to apply the wax.

For the third package i would have alot of different waxes that you would use because different waxes look good on certain cars
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

I usually just ask the owners if they have a preference on there choice of protection and explain the differences between them. Most owners have no clue about brand names and the think wax is wax. More often than not they just leave it to me discretion.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I usually just ask the owners if they have a preference on there choice of protection and explain the differences between them. Most owners have no clue about brand names and the think wax is wax. More often than not they just leave it to me discretion.
    So what do you usually decide for them?
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    For the DD wax i would use something you can buy pretty cheap in a gallon. Something like Megs Detailer Line. You can apply it with your DA pretty quickly and wipe it off.

for the second package make sure you add an extra few for topping the wax because you will have to wait at least 8 hours after the sealant it applied to apply the wax.

For the third package i would have alot of different waxes that you would use because different waxes look good on certain cars
    The reason for the Klasse on the DD, is because I am looking to keep their vehicles looking good for a long time - I figure if they use me once and it lasts, they'll rememeber me when they finally get around to doing it again....

I am definately adding an additional cost (I'm assuming that's what you mean) - WGDG calls for 12 hours, so these vehicles will either have very early appointments, or they will be leaving me their vehicle overnight - I figure somewhere around $50.00 or so should suffice - this is based on a single coat of P21S...

On the 3rd package, I guess my question would be what color specifically or what paint type (metallic, etc.) would NOT look good topped in Souveran??? White I understand, due to the lack of "depth", but other than that......

What's your favorite wax for white, silver, metallic, etc.????

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I would offer a sealant unless you plan on having the car for enough time to allow the sealant to cure(8-12 hours).

For the most part, I would only use wax for clients. JMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Not sure I would offer a sealant unless you plan on having the car for enough time to allow the sealant to cure(8-12 hours).

For the most part, I would only use wax for clients. JMO.
    What about Black Fire Wet Diamond? No need to let it cure for NEARLY that long and it's relatively cheap.

If it were up to me and money was no object, I'd offer Swissvax, Supernatural, Souveran, Rubbish Boy's OE, and a few others for the luxery cars.

For DD I'd HAVE to have Collinite 845. Period.

As for a standard wax, Anything Natty's is fineor even Auto Glym HD. The HD can be on any of the above though.

Honestly though, it's all about your prep man. The only thing a wax will help with is washing and protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zinc02gt View Post
    What about Black Fire Wet Diamond? No need to let it cure for NEARLY that long and it's relatively cheap.
    Wet Diamond is a diamond in the rough...haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    So what do you usually decide for them?
    BFWD.....Menz Power Lock seems very similar so far too!
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

For Metallic and Light Color cars I love DP Max Wax or Liquid Souveran,
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast